Prototype Fender hook

Kendorr

Featured Posts

When out and about, I've often had to lengthen or shorten the ropes connected to fenders and tyres to get a bump free evening. I remember someone saying to me that a small hook could be placed in the fender hook to allow you to easily wrap the rope and shorten it, thus raising the height of the fender.

I've just been playing with a scrap of buffalo board and come up with this. Rope hangs from the bottom hole, if you want the fender higher simply loop the rope around the top sticky out bit.

I'll be going to boat on Wednesday and will try it out and post another pic.

I realise the last post about Fender hooks was an ebay scam, I'm not making or selling these, just put it out there as an idea.

Kevin

P1080155.JPG

20 minutes ago, MikeHing said:

Just tie a loop onto the hook with a Midshipmans knot and the length can easily be adjusted

image.png.102dc3c5bd2e2538bf31042f7ea6e835.png

I shall learn that and use it in future!

Cheers. 

I’m terrible at knowing me knots. 
Reef knot, granny knot and there’s half hitches. Maybe I know one or two more that I’ve forgotten the name of. I think that’s me limit. 

4 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I just have a piece of HDPE with two holes in it on the line it allows me to lengthen and shorten at will just like a tent guy rope ;)

That's what we use but Iain has made them out of aluminium. They are so easy to use and stay in position and no, they are nowhere near the paint on the cabin side 😀

Haggis