Titford Pools

Grassman

Featured Posts

We will shortly be going into Birmingham once the floating market bods have vacated the VM's. We know all the Brum mooring options pretty well as we've been many times before.

But we also plan to go down the arm to Titford Pools which will be new territory for us. I only draw 2ft so are the pools navigable since they did the dredging? Can you moor in the pools? Are they quiet (except for the motorway noise) regarding footfall and local yoofs? Any recommendations for the best place to moor?

We then plan to moor at the BCLM afterwards. I've researched this using previous threads on here, but are there any current changes there which I should know about?

Yes, the pools are navigable - but don't imagine the whole pool is the same depth. As with any BCN boating, stay away from the edges!

There's a new supermarket the other side of the M5 and I think mooring rings. We've winded there

Richard

1 hour ago, Grassman said:

We will shortly be going into Birmingham once the floating market bods have vacated the VM's. We know all the Brum mooring options pretty well as we've been many times before.

But we also plan to go down the arm to Titford Pools which will be new territory for us. I only draw 2ft so are the pools navigable since they did the dredging? Can you moor in the pools? Are they quiet (except for the motorway noise) regarding footfall and local yoofs? Any recommendations for the best place to moor?

We then plan to moor at the BCLM afterwards. I've researched this using previous threads on here, but are there any current changes there which I should know about?

• Love 1

The pools now have plenty of depth. The stretch of canal leading to is prone to being full of rubbish but we got into the pools in May this year with a draught of 2 feet 9 so you should be ok. I would not moor in the pools, the edges are probably too shallow and its not a great place for staying. I would moor at the pumphouse at the top of the locks, though its a bit noisy.

Thanks all for your very helpful replies and all your advice is duly noted. Regarding overnight mooring I think the pump house looks the best option, however so as the give us more choice in case we cannot get in there, are there any other places along that branch where we could overnight safely?

By the way, regarding my comments about the floating market, I've now realised I was looking at an old website. Duh!