Red lion ,Winsford.

haggis

Featured Posts

When we heard that the Red Lion in Winsford on the Weaver  had reopened after being closed for a long time we thought it would be rude not to pay them a visit. 

We are on the moorings along side and when I popped up to book for tonight I found that two of their big gas bottles were stolen last night from the locked cage they are kept in and they will not be able to do food until they get more bottles, and of course gas is hard to come by just now. Such a shame when they have obvíously spent a lot of money doing the place up.

Haggis

• Sad 1

Please report back.

The Red Lion was a lovely lively and very busy place, in fact it was the only good thing about Winsford. If was deliberately shut down by the owners, Punch Taverns yet again, The customers and the team running it fought a hard campaign to keep it going but Punch were only interested in a huge rent increase and new terms and conditions that made the business unviable. I suspect the new tenants have probably got a good deal. I sometimes suspect Punch don't want their pubs to be too successful as they are ultimately a property company with a sideline in "running" pubs.

30 minutes ago, dmr said:

Please report back.

The Red Lion was a lovely lively and very busy place, in fact it was the only good thing about Winsford. If was deliberately shut down by the owners, Punch Taverns yet again, The customers and the team running it fought a hard campaign to keep it going but Punch were only interested in a huge rent increase and new terms and conditions that made the business unviable. I suspect the new tenants have probably got a good deal. I sometimes suspect Punch don't want their pubs to be too successful as they are ultimately a property company with a sideline in "running" pubs.

We always made a point of stoping at the Red Lion on our many visits to the Weaver and we have missed it! It looks really good inside and they have   obviously put a lot of effort and money into it without spoiling the atmosphere. It was amazingly busy over the weekend both for food and beer  and it is sad that their effort has been cut short by the theft.

No point going to the pikeys looking for the gas as all cylinders look the same and it would be impossible to identify the ones from the pub. They don't unfortunately have CCTV on the outside of the premises and the padlock wouldn't have taken much to burst it.

Haggis

1 hour ago, haggis said:

We always made a point of stoping at the Red Lion on our many visits to the Weaver and we have missed it! It looks really good inside and they have   obviously put a lot of effort and money into it without spoiling the atmosphere. It was amazingly busy over the weekend both for food and beer  and it is sad that their effort has been cut short by the theft.

No point going to the pikeys looking for the gas as all cylinders look the same and it would be impossible to identify the ones from the pub. They don't unfortunately have CCTV on the outside of the premises and the padlock wouldn't have taken much to burst it.

Haggis

The police will likely not help and if you do it yourself you might get a severe beating, plus a verbal beating from the politically correct.

• Greenie 1