Anyone want to buy the most famous boat on the canals

luggsy

Featured Posts

17 hours ago, Ange said:

Just looked it up - Brentwood, I don't blame you. I was born and brought up in Shoeburyness and left when I was 19. Only made it as far as Kent mind but definitely better.

I must admit I told people I came from Kent for a long time after suffering so many white stiletto, dancing round handbag, Essex girl jokes. Then it settled down for a while. Then came TOWIE. Sigh.

Ah, that explains it then...😁

Found one you missed today, under one of the workshop benches...Out Of Date 12/19.  

20211028_184117.jpg

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

38 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Found one you missed today, under one of the workshop benches...Out Of Date 12/19.  

20211028_184117.jpg

I have to say, your collection of workshop booze there demonstrates a shockingly dodgy taste in alcoholicals!

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

20211028_184117.jpg

Ah 2019, the time before Vloging was hip and a lot of the people on this thread hadn’t even known about Canals, never mind buying a Narrowboat a Drone and living the dream, Oh how times have changed. 

Edited by PD1964
  • Angry 1

14 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Ah 2019, the time before Vloging was hip and a lot of the people on this thread hadn’t even known about Canals, never mind buying a Narrowboat a Drone and living the dream, Oh how times have changed. 

Who exactly is that comment aimed at?

Ive just had a quick flick through the participants and Im struggling to find anybody who wouldnt have known about canals in 2019.

2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Its not proper, its not in a bottle 

And in a bottle or not its sadly not the drink it used to be. 

9 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Its not proper, its not in a bottle 

Cellar temperature, drank from a half pint glass constantly topped up. Spot the rookie behind the bar who grabs a pint glass and pours it all out before I can stop them! I've learnt to ask for "a bottle of Newkie with a half pint glass please" to avoid this travesty.

Edited by Ange

9 minutes ago, Ange said:

Cellar temperature, drank from a half pint glass constantly topped up. Spot the rookie behind the bar who grabs a pint glass and pours it all out before I can stop them! I've learnt to ask for "a bottle of Newkie with a half pint glass please" to avoid this travesty.

The problem is when I used to drink Newkie from a half pint I used to get through it so quickly as topping up after every mouthful I went through a bottle in no time.

5 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

The problem is when I used to drink Newkie from a half pint I used to get through it so quickly as topping up after every mouthful I went through a bottle in no time.

I must confess you can tell whether it's early or late in the evening by whether I'm drinking out of a glass or straight from the bottle 😊

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

...and the problem?...

Tee hee

21 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Who exactly is that comment aimed at?

Ive just had a quick flick through the participants and Im struggling to find anybody who wouldnt have known about canals in 2019.

And in a bottle or not its sadly not the drink it used to be. 

If you want to be like that go through all posts and you will see a lot may of joined the forum but were boat less and haven’t owned a boat for long and if you look closer know nothing about maintaining then. Once again your just trying to cause an argument. 

3 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

If you want to be like that go through all posts and you will see a lot may of joined the forum but were boat less and haven’t owned a boat for long and if you look closer know nothing about maintaining then. Once again your just trying to cause an argument. 

Really?

You do know 2019 was only two years ago?

Im not trying to cause an argument Im just calling out your BS.

4 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Well here’s one for a start @Thomas C King 

Why you still hanging on to my threads?

One. You said 'a lot'.

Thomas joined the forum in 2018 suggesting they did actually know about canals the following year.

Laughable.

Btw - I wasnt aware responding to somebody in a discussion forum constitutes 'hanging on to them'.

Lol.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

2 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

Folks here don’t answer to you. Don’t drag others into your petty little issues.

I know and I only quoted him as he seams to think I have anger issues. I take no notice of @The Happy Nomad as he just is just touting for a response and to antagonise, he must be a member of so many forums under different names.

8 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

I know and I only quoted him as he seams to think I have anger issues. I take no notice of @The Happy Nomad as he just is just touting for a response and to antagonise, he must be a member of so many forums under different names.

Well that second sentance is clearly a bare faced lie, as if you took no notice you wouldn't bother to respond.

I'm a member of two forums, I share the same user name on both.

I wasnt trying to antagonise, that is unless you define calling out your factually inaccurate BS 'antagonising'  you of course.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

19 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

@The Happy Nomad yeh OK, 

OK then Martin since you support the Foxes, please let us know what you think their new boat will be like. Shell builder, engine, style etc? Come on.

In response to your subsequent edit.

I dont know what they intend to replace Silver Fox with. But from a couple of comments they have made I suspect it will be from the same builder. I think you have asked me this previously and I said pretty much the same.

As to your comment about 'supporting' them Im not sure what you mean, I merely enjoy some of their videos, like many others.

For those of you who own standard type crusing narrow boats, the Foxes, and other canal vloggers, and before them Tim and Prue, on mainstream TV, have added thousands to the resale price of your boat.

For those wanting to get into narrow boat cruising the canals, thanks to them all,  you will have to find more money for your intending  purchase. 

It must be the only boat market in the world distorted by vloggers. 

Depreciation? What depreciation? Welcome to a bizarre subset of recreational boating.

1 hour ago, The Happy Nomad said:

In response to your subsequent edit.

I dont know what they intend to replace Silver Fox with. But from a couple of comments they have made I suspect it will be from the same builder. I think you have asked me this previously and I said pretty much the same.

As to your comment about 'supporting' them Im not sure what you mean, I merely enjoy some of their videos, like many others.

As usual Martin, lots of words but a lack of knowledge. Come on one question: What Shell? 

1 hour ago, DandV said:

For those of you who own standard type crusing narrow boats, the Foxes, and other canal vloggers, and before them Tim and Prue, on mainstream TV, have added thousands to the resale price of your boat.

For those wanting to get into narrow boat cruising the canals, thanks to them all,  you will have to find more money for your intending  purchase. 

It must be the only boat market in the world distorted by vloggers. 

Depreciation? What depreciation? Welcome to a bizarre subset of recreational boating.

Tempted to sell up and buy a boat that you can actually live the dream and sail the world, unlike the people that want to live the lives of their Vloggers on the Canal. 

Edited by PD1964

44 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

As usual Martin, lots of words but a lack of knowledge. Come on one question: What Shell? 

You really are incredibly very slow in the head. And for somebody who is supposed to be not taking any notice of me rather forgetful or stupid, which is it?

How do I know what shell they propose to buy? I only know what has been suggested in their videos.

If you know why do you not regale the the forum with your knowledge?

I posted earlier suggesting who now supplies shells to Bickerstaffe boats, who knows if that is correct or not?