Anyone want to buy the most famous boat on the canals

luggsy

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, booke23 said:

They have.

I think @LadyG has just discovered this thread.

There was comment about the cost of re painting so the purchasers would not be accosted, as if that really matters, the cost of  paint and trimmings would be over £1000, a boatyard quickie over £4k

Edited by LadyG

On 22/11/2021 at 18:01, LadyG said:

There was comment about the cost of re painting so the purchasers would not be accosted, as if that really matters, the cost of  paint and trimmings would be over £1000, a boatyard quickie over £4k

Actually passed a boat today, somewhere near Thrupp i think, that looked identical but had a diff name painted on the bow, wonder if that was it with just the signwriting removed?

Why on earth would someone pay £125k for Whitefield, a 13(ish) year old boat with a load of similarly dated electronic magic bits? How many cars of a similar age have electronic sensors, windows, door locks etc that have given up the ghost? Personally, I think that the exterior design is awful, let alone a load of aged tech that will just keep going wrong. As for the interior, each to their own. But £125k asking price for what has become an 'infamous' boat seems madness.

1 minute ago, BilgePump said:

Why on earth would someone pay £125k for Whitefield, a 13(ish) year old boat with a load of similarly dated electronic magic bits? How many cars of a similar age have electronic sensors, windows, door locks etc that have given up the ghost? Personally, I think that the exterior design is awful, let alone a load of aged tech that will just keep going wrong. As for the interior, each to their own. But £125k asking price for what has become an 'infamous' boat seems madness.

Previously an offer of just over £80k was accepted but the sale never went thru.

It was under offer when i saw it (according to the sales sheets on the wall in Aqueduct Marina sales office), assumed it was out on the hard for a survey and a bit of a bum wash?

Definitely a marmite boat

Edited by Hudds Lad
because i can’t even remember which Marina i’ve been to as PCSB pointed out :D

6 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

It was under offer when i saw it (according to the sales sheets on the wall in Venetian Marina sales office), assumed it was out on the hard for a survey and a bit of a bum wash?

Definitely a marmite boat

It's at Aqueduct Marina now. I like marmite but ... ;)

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Listed but not sold, lets see how long it takes to go.

I wouldn't pay the asking for it, tbh I wouldn't buy it.