More signs

luggsy

Featured Posts

If it wasn't so depressing it would be comical.

I predict that soon we will start to see big yellow signs:

"Cyclists Beware, Do Not be distracted by the Blue Signs"

and a new blue one:

"Dogs please share the space, cyclists say Grrr"

Whilst not advocating criminal direct action I note that CRT erected a Huge blue sign on the lock entering Hebden bridge, the locals removed it, and CRT never erected a replacement.

• Greenie 1

If the CRT don't put up enough silly signs, the boaters will take the silly signage into their own hands. Here's a sign on an EA mooring on the island at Houghton the boaters didn't think was silly enough

20210725_160253.jpg

The bridge at the nearby lock acquired some enormous yellow signs warning that it was low this summer, which made me wonder who'd crashed into it

Edited by enigmatic

At the start of June, someone reported a hole in the towpath to CRT. Next day, 3 chaps turned up in a van, and did this......the hole is where the orange roll is stuck in.

Nothing has been done since that. It's on the waterpoint landing area, which must have been used by hundreds of boats since.

However, good to see the blue signs pandemic is continuing its spreading.

20210824_195035.jpg

10 hours ago, Midnight said:

I wonder how many signs equals the cost of fixing one paddle?

I expect a few signs (say a dozen as there is ever just the one sign)  at one lock takes two people a day for a site visit , measure up, decide what signs are required and sizes  .

Then someone has to make the signs - say another day

The two people on site to fit the signs, that's another day .

Probably about the same as fixing a paddle ?

• Greenie 1

50 minutes ago, matty40s said:

At the start of June, someone reported a hole in the towpath to CRT. Next day, 3 chaps turned up in a van, and did this......the hole is where the orange roll is stuck in.

Nothing has been done since that. It's on the waterpoint landing area, which must have been used by hundreds of boats since.

However, good to see the blue signs pandemic is continuing its spreading.

20210824_195035.jpg

Any Tom, Dick or Volunteer can stick up a sign though.

Perhaps they’re still “establishing a method of repair” or whatever the current buzz phrase is for putting it off until later ;)