Crew wanted in central France from 8 Sept to 21 Sept

Robert Rickard

Featured Posts

I will be traveling by barge in central France from 8 to 21 September. My wife would ordinarily be traveling with me, but she is unable to come this time. So I’m looking for an individual or couple to help with mooring and transiting locks. No experience needed.  Must be fully vaccinated and non-smoker.

We’ll be leaving from Saint-Jean-de-Losne (SJDL). Possible routes include the Petit Saône, the Canal du Rhône au Rhin and the Canal du Centre. We’ll return to SJDL.

We’ll travel mornings for 3-4 hours, stopping mid-day. If we’re in a spot that catches our interest, we can skip traveling the next day to have more time to explore. So the trip will be slow and relaxing. Lots of time to enjoy French wines and cheeses.

The boat, L’Heritage, is a former bunker boat built for Shell in 1930 to supply the Dutch fishing fleet on the Zuider Zee. I’ll cover all the costs for the boat, so your only expenses will be for food and drink.