Right old trek!

Tom766

Featured Posts

Well we picked up our boat from Accrington and should by now be on the Lancaster canal. 

Are we just unlucky.... Major work was about to commence on a lock at Wheelton, we just missed getting through and the closure may run to two weeks. Just found out that the top lock at Wigan is also  closed now. 

Still, gave us some time to find all the faults and go through them. 

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notices?page=3&waterway[0]=LL&waterway[1]=LE&waterway[2]=LR&waterway[3]=LS&waterway[4]=LM&start-date=19%2F08%2F2021&end-date=26%2F08%2F2021&order-field=startDateTime&order-direction=descending#form

Nope.

There are time restrictions, 8 till 4 last entry at noon, but no stoppages on Wigan flight.

If you're stuck at the top of Johnson's Hillock locks, I can seriously recommend the Red Lion, walk past the boatyard and you'll find it.

Ah, know the red lion. Our preference rather than top lock pub. 

We're pre occupied getting this viking canal worthy at the mo. Should have looked closer when buying it last week 😳

Sikaflex and fibreglass kit is helping! 

10 hours ago, Tom766 said:

Wow thanks. 

We did get a taxi to go and collect our car. Now we're doing round trips from Blackpool between rainstorms trying to get this boat into a reasonable condition. 

It's like taking up with a new woman.

You don't really know what you've got untill you've lived with her for a year.😃

On 19/08/2021 at 22:48, Tom766 said:

Ah, know the red lion. Our preference rather than top lock pub. 

We're pre occupied getting this viking canal worthy at the mo. Should have looked closer when buying it last week 😳

Sikaflex and fibreglass kit is helping! 

'Canal worthy' will be the easy bit, will it be 'Ribble worthy' if you are heading up onto the Lancaster? I had reasonable confidence in mine but still had some trepidation of running at full chat for 7 miles against the tide for a couple of hours. I wouldn't contemplate it on anything I didn't have some confidence in, a breakdown on that section is a lifeboat job:huh:

Nah you're right. And with the chorley locks closed for at least 2 weeks there's gonna be a rush when they open. 

We opted to get trailer Ed to moons marina. Works out financially plus no grief 🙂