Jump to content

Crick


Feeby100

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Foxes what?

They are just a complete pair of nonentities.

Watched about some minutes of their videos and decided it was just the usual self obsessed shyte*.

Can't understand why they are so popular 😱

 

 

*To be fair 99% of all vlogs, not just theirs are self obsessed shyte.

 

 

Oh dear… I find myself agreeing with you on this…..

 

what’s sad is that the drivel they spout is taken as gospel by some. I’ve had people on this trip amazed that I don’t hang on their  every word. 

Edited by frangar
  • Greenie 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

On Facebook they are, you could even own the most famous narrowboat ever when they get their new one

It could be their dog that is the main attraction!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Loddon said:

Foxes what?

They are just a complete pair of nonentities.

Watched some minutes of their videos and decided it was just the usual self obsessed shyte*.

Can't understand why they are so popular 😱

 

 

*To be fair 99% of all vlogs, not just theirs, are self obsessed shyte.

 

 

image.png.9e39653860a06849280ecec8345cb863.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/08/2021 at 21:10, ditchcrawler said:

But what boat stuff is there to buy?

 

Boat shows are good for cheap deals on rope if you need some. I left Crick once with the pillion seat of my motorbike piled high with ropes strapped tightly on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if Toyah is doing a Sunday Lunch set tomorrow, It may bring back some memories to those that seen her last time she played Crick, I doubt she was dressed like this though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by PD1964
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Loddon said:

Foxes what?

They are just a complete pair of nonentities.

Watched some minutes of their videos and decided it was just the usual self obsessed shyte*.

Can't understand why they are so popular 😱

 

 

*To be fair 99% of all vlogs, not just theirs, are self obsessed shyte.

 

 

I tend to agree, although from my limited viewing of theirs or any other boater videos, the Foxes' is rather better produced self obsessed shyte than most of the rest.

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

 

Boat shows are good for cheap deals on rope if you need some. I left Crick once with the pillion seat of my motorbike piled high with ropes strapped tightly on.

It’s not that cheap after you’ve factored in the £17 to get into the show! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tracy D'arth said:

This afternoon would have been a wash out.

 

£17 to walk round a few stands, look at a few boats and get soaked, weather and cash wise.

 

I never understand why people are so keen to look inside the boats. Looking at the galley or shower room gives absolutely no indication about the standard of design and build of ther important bits of a boat. Just exposes one the the banal prattlings of a sales person. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MtB said:

 

I never understand why people are so keen to look inside the boats. Looking at the galley or shower room gives absolutely no indication about the standard of design and build of ther important bits of a boat. Just exposes one the the banal prattlings of a sales person. 

When I worked for a boat fitter we prided ourselves on how the systems were engineered and thought through as liveaboards of many years…however a lot of prospective customers didn’t really care that we used full traction battery cells or fitted a decent water filter…or that we specced a diverter valve on the sump pump to change the gearbox oil easily…..it was quite depressing at times….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, frangar said:

When I worked for a boat fitter we prided ourselves on how the systems were engineered and thought through as liveaboards of many years…however a lot of prospective customers didn’t really care that we used full traction battery cells or fitted a decent water filter…or that we specced a diverter valve on the sump pump to change the gearbox oil easily…..it was quite depressing at times….

Or even fit a steering step!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Loddon said:

Foxes what?

They are just a complete pair of nonentities.

Watched some minutes of their videos and decided it was just the usual self obsessed shyte*.

Can't understand why they are so popular 😱

 

 

*To be fair 99% of all vlogs, not just theirs, are self obsessed shyte.

 

 

I happen to like their blog. I have learnt a number of facts about various parts of the system from their blogs. Well filmed, good presentation and a couple of nice guys.

Of course it is about them and their travels so could come across as self obsessed.

  • Greenie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, frangar said:

When I worked for a boat fitter we prided ourselves on how the systems were engineered and thought through as liveaboards of many years…however a lot of prospective customers didn’t really care that we used full traction battery cells or fitted a decent water filter…or that we specced a diverter valve on the sump pump to change the gearbox oil easily…..it was quite depressing at times….

 

Exactly. You put it better than I did.

 

 

The prattling sales person would just have kept prattling about the the granite worktops or the designer basin in the shower room.

 

 

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MtB said:

 

Exactly. You put it better than I did.

 

 

The prattling sales person would just have kept prattling about the the granite worktops or the designer basin in the shower room.

 

 

We could have made more profit by cutting corners on the behind the scenes stuff but we honestly made boats we would have been happy to own. Sadly in the end people were more easily swayed by a bit of mdf veneer and some sales patter on a cheap shell that swam like a pig. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MtB said:

 

Exactly. You put it better than I did.

 

 

The prattling sales person would just have kept prattling about the the granite worktops or the designer basin in the shower room.

 

 

I am so pleased that you know its a basin and not a sink in a bathroom. Incorrectly naming It is a pet hate of mine, causes me to shout at the TV.

Edited by Tracy D'arth
  • Greenie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MtB said:

 

Exactly. You put it better than I did.

 

 

The prattling sales person would just have kept prattling about the the granite worktops or the designer basin in the shower room.

 

 

We did go in the Finesse boat just to see what the future was like and the "salesman" explained to us how you would access the wiring and the heating pipes and discussed the lithium batteries. No mention of the type of worktop or what fixtures were in the bathroom.

  • Greenie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

We did go in the Finesse boat just to see what the future was like and the "salesman" explained to us how you would access the wiring and the heating pipes and discussed the lithium batteries. No mention of the type of worktop or what fixtures were in the bathroom.

That’s refreshing. 

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, frangar said:

When I worked for a boat fitter we prided ourselves on how the systems were engineered and thought through as liveaboards of many years…however a lot of prospective customers didn’t really care that we used full traction battery cells or fitted a decent water filter…or that we specced a diverter valve on the sump pump to change the gearbox oil easily…..it was quite depressing at times….

Well, we really appreciated it at the time and continue to do so 10 years later. After all this time our only niggle is that the bedroom light switch is in the wrong place- no idea how that happened! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Beo said:

Well, we really appreciated it at the time and continue to do so 10 years later. After all this time our only niggle is that the bedroom light switch is in the wrong place- no idea how that happened! 

Is it not in the bedroom then

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I am so pleased that you know its a basin and not a sink in a bathroom. Incorrectly naming It is a pet hate of mine, causes me to shout at the TV.

Absolutely. I get a basining feeling when I hear that.

Oh, hang on....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.