Insurance renewal - must be laid up ashore between following dates...?

james13

Featured Posts

Hi

I have been insured previously with Haven Knox Johnson and this year when it came to the renewal i did auto renew and the company i am now insured with is called MS Amlin

On checking the policy schedule it states that a condition of the insurance is that the vessel must be laid up ashore between and including the following dates 01-November and the 31-March how ridiculous is this???

Check your policies people

I have contacted the insurers for clarification

15 minutes ago, james13 said:

Hi

I have been insured previously with Haven Knox Johnson and this year when it came to the renewal i did auto renew and the company i am now insured with is called MS Amlin

On checking the policy schedule it states that a condition of the insurance is that the vessel must be laid up ashore between and including the following dates 01-November and the 31-March how ridiculous is this???

Check your policies people

I have contacted the insurers for clarification

That sounds like a standard clause in the contract. You may well find that your actual policy states something like "only endorsements 1, 5 7 and 12 apply", or "endorsements 2, 6, & 9 do not apply".

Our (Craftinsure) policy states that the boat cannot be left afloat in Scottish or Irish Waters from 15th October to 31st March unless somone is aboard.

1135280248_Screenshot(559).png.101aa23ceb2d437cc98188582828e3ef.png

The Tokio Marine policy on the 'Cat' shows the comments about applicable endorsements.

Screenshot (561).png

Edited by Alan de Enfield

28 minutes ago, james13 said:

Haven KJ / MS Amlin are just brand names , all the same company.

With boat insurance it does seem particularly important to read all of the relevant clauses .

Looking at the documents online the condition stating it has to be laid up ashore as previously mentioned is there but if when i save a copy to my desktop the condition has gone but it still shows on the online document

2 hours ago, james13 said:

Looking at the documents online the condition stating it has to be laid up ashore as previously mentioned is there but if when i save a copy to my desktop the condition has gone but it still shows on the online document

Maybe when reading on line, it is the generic documents, but when you save it, it is saving YOUR version of it ?