For those who remember John Sloan on here.

wandering snail

Featured Posts

Unless there were two Skipton meetings I was there too, we brought the lovely Dean S with us.

It was Sally Ash representing CRT.

I remember beers before but no frivolities after, presumably we had to get back otherwise I'm always up for beer and food ☺️

6 hours ago, Ange said:

Unless there were two Skipton meetings I was there too, we brought the lovely Dean S with us.

It was Sally Ash representing CRT.

I remember beers before but no frivolities after, presumably we had to get back otherwise I'm always up for beer and food ☺️

Dean S was a nice guy, anyone know what happened to him after he left the forum quite a while ago?

Roger

16 minutes ago, Albion said:

Dean S was a nice guy, anyone know what happened to him after he left the forum quite a while ago?

Roger

I think he was sectioned for a rocket attack on a red widebeam with his smiling 4year old waving at him as he did it!!  😁

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, frangar said:

Didn’t dean buy a widebeam in the end? Moored in the arse end of Manchester? 

Yes he did and fitted it out himself in a ridiculously short time. The last I heard he was up the Rochdale somewhere  then he just seemed to disappear from the forum. A pity as his posts were interesting

haggis

1 hour ago, frangar said:

Didn’t dean buy a widebeam in the end? Moored in the arse end of Manchester? 

42 minutes ago, haggis said:

Yes he did and fitted it out himself in a ridiculously short time. The last I heard he was up the Rochdale somewhere  then he just seemed to disappear from the forum. A pity as his posts were interesting

haggis

At the time he was active on the forum I saw a purple widebeam I assumed was his in Littleborough, but there was nobody on board to say hello to.

He also fitted out a smaller boat as overflow accommodation as his kids grew up.

I met Dean S on the only occasion that I transited the Rochdale, and took refuge in New Islington Marina.  He was welcoming and showed me where I could moor and access facilities, etc.  but not very chatty.  I think he was distracted with a paint job, doing up his widebeam.  He was actually a moderator on here for a while but gave it up because of (unjustified) criticisms, but I may be wrong.

38 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

He was actually a moderator on here for a while but gave it up because of (unjustified) criticisms, but I may be wrong.

Dean wore his heart on his sleeve, and unfortunately was (trying to be)moderating at a time when not only were some folks bent on conflict, so were a couple of moderators...which led to chaos on a regular basis.

I enjoyed his input and his new ways of thinking on how best to sort his boats out for his family.

• Greenie 2

Maybe worth tagging him - some people get email notifications if they're tagged 

Hey @DeanS how are you doing? You made a lot of friends here that would love to know how you're doing.

Edited by Ange
  • Greenie 1