1.5 BMC CAV Diesel Pump Issue

MrMetta

Featured Posts

Hi ,I recently rebuilt my BMC 1.5 engine and, around the same time, removed and rebuilt the CAV oil pump, but now the oil won't come out of the pump... however, when the metering valve is removed, the oil comes out fine... what may be the problem? Thank you !

Metering Valve is Squred in Red

Untitled.jpg

FF (1).jpg

FF (2).jpg

Edited by MrMetta

I assume that you have the feed pipe on the round end of the pump and the return closest to the engine block.

If fuel comes out of the bleed screws then the body is flooded with fuel, as it should be.  If so, I would suspect something is preventing the governor valve being lifted or there is a disassembly in resect of the rotor, so the holes in the shaft do not align with the output from the governor valve.

You can prevent fuel delivery by misadjusting the idle stabilisation damper - if you have one, but your photos do not show one and the pump turret does not look like the earlier type with a carburettor type idle screw.

• Love 1