Winter stoppages

wandering snail

Featured Posts

Came through Dashwood Lock on southern Oxford today which has a very temporary repair to the bottom gate balance beam which fractured in June. I notice it is not on the winter programme so let'; hope that it will be fixed even earlier as yhe repair cannot last for long, surely.

aug16-f.jpg

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mike Todd said:

Came through Dashwood Lock on southern Oxford today which has a very temporary repair to the bottom gate balance beam which fractured in June. I notice it is not on the winter programme so let'; hope that it will be fixed even earlier as yhe repair cannot last for long, surely.

aug16-f.jpg

Can’t believe that hasn’t been fixed properly yet. June 2020, crt had done a temporary fix with a piece of “Armco”. We arrived to find a boat stuck in it trying to open the bottom gate. Finally helped them out and managed to get up the lock. 

I've just seen a couple of my very provisional 'plans' altered by  Oxford closures. I see that one is HS2 related work. Having seen the massive impact the work to date is having one wondered how many lengthy closures there will be in the next few years.