Tranquil Rose

Heartland

Featured Posts

I'm sure I saw this boat today coming out past Alperton on the GU. The steerer waved to me and smiled, even though I was on a bike, so he must be a nice guy 😉

Edited by IanD

54 minutes ago, IanD said:

I'm sure I saw this boat today coming out past Alperton on the GU. The steerer waved to me and smiled, even though I was on a bike, so he must be a nice guy 😉

I always wave at cyclists, especially if they are going fast near narrow bits like bridges ...

I've not had one fall off waving back yet, but there's been a couple nearly did.

/Joke

• Haha 1

I always wave at cyclists, especially if they are going fast near narrow bits like bridges ...

I've not had one fall off waving back yet, but there's been a couple nearly did.

There is always hope that a rogue cyclist might be distracted, I suppose, but with head down and headcams on some are oblivious to what goes on

5 hours ago, Heartland said:

There is always hope that a rogue cyclist might be distracted, I suppose, but with head down and headcams on some are oblivious to what goes on

Chances are that a towpath cyclist might well be a boater too. For every mile I travel in my boat, I travel a mile on my bike on the towpath too, going back to get my van.

The curious thing is, if I boat five miles then go back for my van, I'll wave at a boat or three on the way. Then I'll drive me van 10 or 12 miles along the cut and park, get the bike out and ride back to mebote and pass those same handful of boats a second time. Some of sharper ones comment asking how the heck did I get where I am when they passed me two hours ago, ten miles back up the cut!  

• Greenie 3