Help !

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Why not ?
I am signed in & it is my notifications I am trying to view ?

Screenshot (552).png

It is likely that the topic you're trying to view has been hidden hence you see that error.

As a rule of thumb, mods do not delete offending topics, they hide them. However, it takes a while for it to update on any activity streams or notifications. If you can confirm the topic you're trying to view, we can confirm if that is indeed the case in this instance.

18 minutes ago, RichM said:

It is likely that the topic you're trying to view has been hidden hence you see that error.

As a rule of thumb, mods do not delete offending topics, they hide them. However, it takes a while for it to update on any activity streams or notifications. If you can confirm the topic you're trying to view, we can confirm if that is indeed the case in this instance.

I wan't trying to view a topic, I had a message that I had a notification & was trying to view the notification.

The notification (from Jetzi) is still shown in my list but is not 'openable'.

I have since changed the wording of this error message from "You do not have permission to view this topic." to "This topic is no longer available." - Hopefully that will help prevent any confusion in future bearing in mind the message does have to be generic.

10 minutes ago, wandering snail said:

But why on the innocuous Shroppie post?

No idea, sorry. I don't get involved in moderation related matters unless it's something that could put the site in jeopardy in some way, e.g. security concern. Typically content is removed from view if it's in breach of the forum rules & guidelines in some form or if the OP requested for it to be removed from view. 

I note you messaged Athy though it appears he has been offline for a few days. You may wish to contact another Moderator. A full list can be found on the page below.

https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/staff/