Coventry Basin rubbish disposal

Laurie Booth

Featured Posts

With the usual CRT acknowledgement that this is the busiest ever year on the canals and August is probably the busiest ever month....

Closest waterway: Coventry Canal

Starts at: Coventry Basin Customer Service Facility

Ends at: Coventry Basin Customer Service Facility

Description

Refurbishment works to the customer service facilities within the basin will be taking place from the 4th August until 15th August. 

Whilst these works are taking place the facilities will not be available. 

A temporary toilet will be placed outside of the current facility which can be accessed using a BW/CRT key.

Edited by matty40s

I'm at Coventry Basin at the moment. The facilities are open and fully operational - no sign of any ongoing maintenance so it has possibly finished early.

Regarding bins, whilst there are no CRT facilities here, there are at least six council street bins that I can see from my boat all no more than 25 metres walk, so getting rid of a small amount of domestic rubbish is not a hardship.

6 hours ago, Dave Payne said:

There are no rubbish bins now at the basin, Hawkesbury is your only option.

Crazy!

CRT Board of Tustees had a meeting on 23rd July at Coventry Canal Basin and as it happened I was moored up just outside (!) which gave me the opportunity to collar Richard Parry and Julie Sharman, the latter of whom was visibly quite irritated at the Trust's local chap's explanation as to why the CRT bins were no longer there and available. Without going into detail, so was I.

So they may well be back if a few folks on here email CRT regarding their disappearance!

Edited by JamesWoolcock

6 hours ago, Awayonmyboat said:

I'm at Coventry Basin at the moment. The facilities are open and fully operational - no sign of any ongoing maintenance so it has possibly finished early.

Regarding bins, whilst there are no CRT facilities here, there are at least six council street bins that I can see from my boat all no more than 25 metres walk, so getting rid of a small amount of domestic rubbish is not a hardship.

I saw the six council bins, and tried to use them but the gates were locked to gain access to them. Twice I asked politely two of the traders if I could use them but was told I could not as they were only for the traders use. :(

15 hours ago, JamesWoolcock said:

CRT Board of Tustees had a meeting on 23rd July at Coventry Canal Basin and as it happened I was moored up just outside (!) which gave me the opportunity to collar Richard Parry and Julie Sharman, the latter of whom was visibly quite irritated at the Trust's local chap's explanation as to why the CRT bins were no longer there and available. Without going into detail, so was I.

So they may well be back if a few folks on here email CRT regarding their disappearance!

That's good then, its fine if you only spend a night or two down the end, but two weeks and your rubbish starts stinking this time of year!

Not sure using the council rubbish bins are a good idea, not the ones in the compound, the littler ones.

20 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

That's good then, its fine if you only spend a night or two down the end, but two weeks and your rubbish starts stinking this time of year!

Not sure using the council rubbish bins are a good idea, not the ones in the compound, the littler ones.

That's your only choice on the Nene.