Wyrley & Essington Timelapse

roggie

Featured Posts

Thanks for posting. If I may make a suggestion, it is just a little too fast to be pleasant to watch, you can’t really see what is passing. I recently got an AKASO camera and my first attempts were too fast, when I slowed it down a bit (shorter time laps interval) it was much better.

I brought the SJCAM (far eastern copy of a GoPro) years ago and use the 5 second timelapse option. Lots of other videos on my YouTube page ..how sad am I. The quality is pretty good direct from the camera but YouTube compresses it quite a lot. As for speed...yes it is too fast to watch but YouTube allows you to change playback speed, bottom right of screen on PC's I think, you can also speed it up 😉 If course a slowed down upload would be a larger file and perhaps could be compressed even more. I did put a few similar videos on Vimeo, which is higher quality, but YouTube is much easier. I impressed myself with only forgetting once to start the filming over a 5 week period, I'll try to remember on our trip from Longwood down to Worcester from tomorrow (via Coombswood, Stourport & Droitwich canal.

I did a time-lapse videos of the BCN Challenge over a few years, I used a very simple method with a cheap webcam connected to a laptop, and the laptop taking an image every 5 seconds.  Post the event I uses movie maker to turn the images into a video.  This is an example