Vlog protester

NB DW2

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

That's my take on it too.

Mine too, and they manipulated the video with careful splicing in order to be seen to be the good guys of the whole situation. The hirer who will now be wiser about how to control the boat is still left feeling he was to blame, must have taken the edge off his holiday a bit. What a shame. 

• Greenie 1

Yes.

And I would go on to say that I don't think the hirer was going too fast.

He would have seen 'SF' across the cut and had moved over to try and pass right (ie correct) side.

The waves that were quoted as evidence of his alleged speeding would have been caused, as Matty said, by the shallow water by the reeds.

I have watched most of the Foxes Afloat blogs. As has been said, Colin the voice has always done research of the section covered by the film, he presents it well and I for one find most of it informative.

Together they make a good team. Sean (Shaun?) in the main does the steering, even when the tripod mounted camera is pointing astern during one of Colin’s presentations, you can blatantly see him paying attention to where he is going. They have make navigational mistakes, haven’t we all? But they use poetic licence to ease the pain. They have travelled miles and miles in the past two years or more. I found their take and opinions of the Weaver very good. They use their blog to get to see things the average boater wouldn’t have a cat in hells chace of achieving. Rides on steam trains, visits to historical places of interest and a ride on the steamer on the weaver.

All in all, one of the best blogs about boating and experiences available. Well edited and presented.

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Obviously a ventriloquist on holiday.

Of course.tongue-in-cheek comment? Perhaps.

On 06/08/2021 at 20:31, PD1964 said:

These two seam to have the most non boater followers, they have made a big thing recently of how the were hit by a hire boater causing major damage to their boat. They have just put this Vlog out today showing the incident.

To me it shows they are too interested in filming to watch where they are going, are on the wrong side of the canal and come across the hire boats bow and are hit, maybe I’m missing something but they seam more to blame then the hirer, yet he is the one to blame according to them and their followers?? You decide

I have to ask, what major damage. Have you listened to the narrative?

• Greenie 1

The excessive editing speaks volumes about who was in the wrong. If the idiots had been anywhere close to being in the right we would have got inch by inch footage of the incident, or even a whole episode on the crash !

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

4 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

I have to ask, what major damage. Have you listened to the narrative?

If you look on their Twitter about the incident you will see they mention in their replies major damage, also they say they couldn’t put the Video on, when asked why it was not uploaded they say because of legal reasons or words to that effect, I presume they we’re trying to get BlackPrince the hire company to cough up some form of liability before the true evidence of how little damage apart from blackening scrape was actually done and who was actually at fault.
  Your obviously an admirer of them so a bit bias towards the incident. I will admit I do like their Vlogs contrary to what some people on here think and they are better then most when it comes to the History of  the canals and Colin can be interesting in that fact. I skip through them quickly though and often cringe when Shaun opens his mouth and speaks also with his prompted laughter. It’s just in my opinion they were in the wrong on this incident and have put too much blame on the hirer, they would of had a lot more respect if they just put their hands up and admitted they cocked up, as we all have done on the Canals and inevitably will, no matter how much or how little experience you have.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Rose Narrowboats said:

A boat arrived at our waterpoint last week and asked for diesel. It was a turnround day so I explained that unfortunately we were unable to assist, and why. I also eplained where the next retailers were heading south.

The response was abrupt, followed up by making a complaint to another member of our staff who, not being halfway through stripping the blacking off a hull, looked cleaner and therefore probably more important than me.

They then proceeded to fly their drone over our premises without consultation (which I believe is a breach of CAA regulations) and also well within 50m of the railway which is definitely a breach of CAA regs.

As they left they started filming themselves on the stern deck.

Othe than that they had an attitude which implied they were in some way special in a celebriy kind of way and that normal rules (presumably including GDPR) don't apply to them, I had absolutely no idea who they were until I watched the video at the start of this thread. I'll have to watch the next episode now to see if we're featured and how dramatised the unavailability of diesel on a Monday morning can be.

I expect it will have a highly dramatic headline.

13 minutes ago, Rose Narrowboats said:

They then proceeded to fly their drone over our premises without consultation (which I believe is a breach of CAA regulations) and also well within 50m of the railway which is definitely a breach of CAA regs.

Report them to the CAA. 

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The new breed of elite, 'followed' and cow-towed to by 'millions' who kneel before their supremacy and greater knowledge.

They can do no wrong.

Actually they only have 120k subscribers on you tube, so not quite millions.

Just now, JamesWoolcock said:

And what 'supremacy and greater knowledge?

Its generally acknowledged that the historical references that are included in their videos are well researched by Colin.

HTH.

1 hour ago, PD1964 said:

If you look on their Twitter about the incident you will see they mention in their replies major damage, also they say they couldn’t put the Video on, when asked why it was not uploaded they say because of legal reasons or words to that effect, I presume they we’re trying to get BlackPrince the hire company to cough up some form of liability before the true evidence of how little damage apart from blackening scrape was actually done and who was actually at fault.
  Your obviously an admirer of them so a bit bias towards the incident. I will admit I do like their Vlogs contrary to what some people on here think and they are better then most when it comes to the History of  the canals and Colin can be interesting in that fact. I skip through them quickly though and often cringe when Shaun opens his mouth and speaks also with his prompted laughter. It’s just in my opinion they were in the wrong on this incident and have put too much blame on the hirer, they would of had a lot more respect if they just put their hands up and admitted they cocked up, as we all have done on the Canals and inevitably will, no matter how much or how little experience you have.

So not the blog. I don’t do Twitter. Thought this was about blogs.

18 minutes ago, JamesWoolcock said:

As if some of us don't? And generally acknowledged by who? You?

I am one of them yes.

Here is another.

https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/topic/112122-vlog-protester/&do=findComment&comment=2673638

Along with several others who acknowledge the historical content in the comments.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

19 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I am one of them yes.

Here is another.

https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/topic/112122-vlog-protester/&do=findComment&comment=2673638

Along with several others who acknowledge the historical content in the comments.

Supremacy ??

21 minutes ago, JamesWoolcock said:

Supremacy ??

I was clearly addressing the point about knowledge. I was going to highlight it in bold, but thinking people would be intelligent enough to realise this I didnt bother.

Clearly in your case I was wrong.

3 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I was clearly addressing the point about knowledge. I was going to highlight it in bold, but thinking people would be intelligent enough to realise this I didnt bother.

Clearly in your case I was wrong.

There's no need to be rude.

There's too many of those on here already.

Perhaps you ought to choose your words more carefully.

Oh, and have you ever met the Foxes?

2 minutes ago, JamesWoolcock said:

There's no need to be rude.

There's too many of those on here already.

Perhaps you ought to choose your words more carefully.

Oh, and have you ever met the Foxes?

You were trying to be a clever clogs, perhaps if you chose your words more carefully you would have got a different response.