Vlog protester

NB DW2

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Your obviously a big fan and in denial of their faults and take they were not at fault and it was the hirer’s fault because he said “sorry” I think many will disagree😀

I enjoy their videos yes. Well produced with good videoography and entertaining.

2 minutes ago, Chagall said:

I agree. 

You've not done that section either?

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Having done the Cov down there a couple of times I can assure you its not always possible to keep to the 'correct' side if you wish to make progress.

Then in that case one would need to be aware of boats coming towards you, at speed or not. Six of one and half a dozen?  The steerer said OMG and carried on going. The irritating commentator did suggest it happens and that blame wasn't really apportioned to either.  But I agree the "scream" was added for effect!  She didn't even open her mouth.

4 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Having done the Cov down there a couple of times I can assure you its not always possible to keep to the 'correct' side if you wish to make progress.

I’ve done the Coventry like many people, but I watch where I’m going and for other boats and don’t watch a Camera lens and try to stay centre/right unlike some.

1 minute ago, PD1964 said:

I’ve done the Coventry like many people, but I watch where I’m going and for other boats and don’t watch a Camera lens and try to stay centre/right unlike some.

So how do you make progress if the channel is shallow on the 'correct' side of a blind bend ? And you are met with a speeding boat?

You are talking large very swollen spherical objects.

4 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Then in that case one would need to be aware of boats coming towards you, at speed or not. Six of one and half a dozen?  The steerer said OMG and carried on going. The irritating commentator did suggest it happens and that blame wasn't really apportioned to either.  But I agree the "scream" was added for effect!  She didn't even open her mouth.

See above.

If the hire boater was inexperienced he may have thought he was in the wrong,or was told he was by the Foxes and apologised prematurely.

Had they hit my grp boat like that there would have been no apology,but quite a lot of Anglo Saxon and comments on the marital status of their parents!

6 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

So how do you make progress if the channel is shallow on the 'correct' side of a blind bend ? And you are met with a speeding boat?

You are talking large very swollen spherical objects.

See above.

You obviously don’t like your Hero’s being put in the limelight with faults do you Martin?

“Oh they were totally innocent and are the best” does that make you feel better?

Edited by PD1964

2 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

You obviously don’t like your Hero’s being put in the limelight with faults. 

They arent my 'heros' dont be a silly boy.

I simply enjoy their vlogs, you dont hey ho.

15 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

You obviously don’t like your Hero’s being put in the limelight with faults. 

They both seemed to be at fault. One going too fast and the other not slow enough on what actually didn't appear to be a blind bend but I do accept I have not been on that particular yard of water!  The videos do seem to be spliced appropriately, and of course they would be.  

Edited by Chagall
too many didn'ts

6 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

“Oh they were totally innocent and are the best” does that make you feel better?

You added a bit, you really are silly little boy.

Its not about anybody feeling 'better'.

Its about a discussion about a short segment of video and your accusition about who was at fault in the case of a collision between two boats.

3 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

They arent my 'heros' dont be a silly boy.

I simply enjoy their vlogs, you dont hey ho.

That’s because they’re  geared towards non boaters and Newbies and not really a reflection of living on the canal. Cruising the Cut is far better I find. 

4 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

You added a bit, you really are silly little boy.

Its not about anybody feeling 'better'.

Its about a discussion about a short segment of video and your accusition about who was at fault in the case of a collision between two boats.

What’s with the silly little boy all the time? You obviously think your something😂 

8 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

What’s with the silly little boy all the time? You obviously think your something😂 

I speak as I find.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

27 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Either?   Are you pretending to be a mind reader?  I have actually done that section although I will admit it is a while ago now.

No Jerra old bean. Im not a mind reader.

I take it you have just come along for an argument. Which given you once accused me of trying to cause an argument in an empty room is pretty priceless actually.

9 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

No Jerra old bean. Im not a mind reader.

I take it you have just come along for an argument. Which given you once accused me of trying to cause an argument in an empty room is pretty priceless actually.

No merely pointing out that your reply of not having been on the section either seemed to imply you thought I hadn't been on the section.   I was setting the record straight.

51 minutes ago, Jerra said:

No merely pointing out that your reply of not having been on the section either seemed to imply you thought I hadn't been on the section.   I was setting the record straight.

Fab.

13 hours ago, Chagall said:

They both seemed to be at fault. One going too fast and the other not slow enough on what actually didn't appear to be a blind bend ......

The videos do seem to be spliced appropriately, and of course they would be.  

It does seem strange(or not), that the only camera footage used prior to collision is in the well deck by their feet. The bow camera (permanently on whilst cruising), only shows the side angle footage of the collision.

This is the bend in question, looking towards where the SF boat was coming from under the pipe bridges. They were obviously on the wrong (left) side of the canal and were trying to get back over to the right when hit. The hire boat was in the correct position on the canal, his only mistake was to slam boat into reverse losing any direction control rather than try to steer right.

The hire boat may have been travelling at a decent speed(why not on a long straight with a shallow bend ahead), but the only breaking waves were right by the reeds where it is shallow, and as the canal is piled or bricked for that entire length, so not a problem.

Nothing personal, no axe to grind, some very good historical info and a good advert for the Coventry.

...and yes, I have done that section many times.

Screenshot_20210807-115607_Maps.jpg

Edited by matty40s
  • Greenie 4

15 hours ago, churchward said:

There is a website called social blade which gives data on the potential income from Youtube vids. Just type in the name of the youtuber you are interested in.

YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, & Instagram Statistics - SocialBlade.com

The variations seem to be so huge as to be meaningless?? eg between 200 quid per month and 3k per month. Or am I misunderstanding something about those figures?

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCkaFsF378jNuL2xmZMH9knQ

7 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

Does anyone have any evidence of the steerer using the camera? Ever?

They don't. They normally mount their camera on a mini tripod sat on the cabin roof. Much like most of the Vloggers when underway. They also use a camera mounted at the bow.

The previous suggestion that the steerer was distracted because they were filming was therefore, well, the word that springs to mind rymes with rollocks.

37 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

The previous suggestion that the steerer was distracted because they were filming was therefore, well, the word that springs to mind rymes with rollocks.

Well if you watch the Vlog they spend a lot of the time looking into and talking to the rear facing camera filming themselves and obviously didn’t see the boat approaching until it was too late.

• Angry 1

Just now, PD1964 said:

Well if you watch the Vlog they spend a lot of the time looking into and talking to the rear facing camera filming themselves and obviously didn’t see the boat approaching until it was too late.

Yes, that is your theory.

We know that.

Just now, PD1964 said:

It clearly shows it in the Vlog, they spend a lot of the time doing this and it obviously took a split second and there was a boat in front of them.

Yes that is your theory.

We know this.

Seems quite obvious one was approaching a bend too fast while the other was on the wrong side. Both at fault! Had they sounded the horn this wouldn't have happened. That said, I'm sure most of us have been in a similar situation at some point! 

I like watching Foxes Afloat. They're the only vloggers I follow nowadays. Well edited, interesting bits of history, informative and funny. Despite having a new boat and despite being relatively new vloggers, they have actually been boating on and off for many years, so are more experienced than many give them credit for. - I do think they should pay a little more attention to where they're going though!