Vlog protester

NB DW2

Featured Posts

I'm assuming it's a member from this forum having read some of the comments on here concerning vloggers...  😉

Can't say I disagree with some of their points though, but not sure it's to the extent that video producers are a cult-like scammers.

Edited by NB DW2

8 hours ago, MtB said:

Would I be right in guessing it's you?

Not quite.  I came across it yesterday when searching for videos on YouTube and ordered results by newest first.  And I've no boat so can't live the dream/nightmare they describe yet.

I'm pretty confident nobody is making £107,500 per month from a handful of Patreon subscribers on something as niche as canal boating

On the other hand, hit the nail on the head with a lot of the points against boating, and he missed an opportunity to do an entire slide about toilets  😂

Edited by enigmatic

I looked up the website they referenced and there was no mention of vlogger's income.  It was instead some sort of tax return company.

There are sites out there which estimate the income from YouTube based on views and subscribers and it's nowhere near £100k a month!  That said, it's still decent enough to fund having a new boat built for at least one of the more prominent ones.

Edited by NB DW2

I thought I would have a look but only got to slide 2 to realise its usual bunkum. There is no problem with dentists, doctors and voting is a doddle etc etc. These are easy to overcome and were no problem in my 30 plus liveaboard years. I expect the rest is usual crap written by someone with ten minutes experience?

• Greenie 2

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

I thought I would have a look but only got to slide 2 to realise its usual bunkum. There is no problem with dentists, doctors and voting is a doddle etc etc. These are easy to overcome and were no problem in my 30 plus liveaboard years. I expect the rest is usual crap written by someone with ten minutes experience?

I got as far as no red diesel, but didnt pause the pages and cant read fast enough to get it all

• Greenie 1

36 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

They do seem to be the ones with the loudest voices. I guess for those with more experience, owning and living on boats is so normal we don't feel the need to compare, complain, moan, express surprise, etc.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 1

These two seam to have the most non boater followers, they have made a big thing recently of how the were hit by a hire boater causing major damage to their boat. They have just put this Vlog out today showing the incident.

To me it shows they are too interested in filming to watch where they are going, are on the wrong side of the canal and come across the hire boats bow and are hit, maybe I’m missing something but they seam more to blame then the hirer, yet he is the one to blame according to them and their followers?? You decide

• Greenie 2
  • Love 1

He seems more interested with the sound of his own voice rather than paying attention to his boat.

It looks as though they should have moved to starboard much sooner instead of cutting across the bow of the other boat at the last moment.

Never seen any of their vlogs before,and I won't again as the one doing all  the talking was becoming rather annoying.

• Greenie 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, PD1964 said:

Sad thing is non of their followers seam to think they are at fault and judge and condemn the Hirer and Black Prince Hire for not doing enough to train their customers.

The hire boater apologised for going too fast.

You just have a downer on boating vlogers for whatever reason, but in the case of the Foxes in particular most of us can guess what it is.

13 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

You just have a downer on boating vlogers for whatever reason, but in the case of the Foxes in particular most of us can guess what it is.

Oh please don’t go down that route, if that’s the best you can do totally pathetic. Who is at fault in your opinion?

Come on give us your opinion.

Just now, PD1964 said:

Oh please don’t go down that route, if that’s the best you can do totally pathetic. Who is at fault in your opinion?

Come on give us your opinion.

Denial?

Its obvious.

Opinion already given matey, can you not read?

Just now, PD1964 said:

Please enlighten us on your guess? Go on.

So you cannot read then?

Baby steps then.

That suggests to me the collision was due to the hire boat going too fast.

25 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

So you cannot read then?

Baby steps then.

And the woman screamed, or was that scream edited on? sounds like it😂

They were on the wrong side of the canal and came across his bow or do you not see that? 
Maybe if they stayed where they were he might not of hit them?

Maybe they should of apologised for not taking notice while filming and being on his side?  Yes/No? Or totally not their fault?

The guy is a novice hirer, he will apologise if people put the blame on him., he doesn’t know better.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 2

Just now, PD1964 said:

And the woman screamed, or was that scream edited, sounds like it😂

They were on the wrong side of the canal and came across his bow or do you not see that? 
Maybe if they stayed where they were he might not of hit them?

Maybe they should of apologised for not taking notice while filming and being  on his side?  Yes/No? Or totally not their fault?

I say again - the hire boater apologised. Did you read that, as in read the words, digest them and process them?

You were not there nor know why or exactly what happened, but jump to the conclusion the Foxes were at fault.

On the balance of avaliable evidence I would say they were not.

For sombody that dislikes watching their vlogs so much you sure as hell spend a lot of time watching them....I do wonder why that is?

17 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

It didn't seem to be going too fast to me.

It is possible that they were on their first trip and were told they were going to fast and so apologised.

The Silver Fox seemed to me to be crossing from one side of the canal (the wrong side) to the other.  The hire boat seemed to be more on the correct side.

• Greenie 3

On 05/08/2021 at 07:58, NB DW2 said:

I looked up the website they referenced and there was no mention of vlogger's income.  It was instead some sort of tax return company.

There are sites out there which estimate the income from YouTube based on views and subscribers and it's nowhere near £100k a month!  That said, it's still decent enough to fund having a new boat built for at least one of the more prominent ones.

There is a website called social blade which gives data on the potential income from Youtube vids. Just type in the name of the youtuber you are interested in.

YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, & Instagram Statistics - SocialBlade.com

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I say again - the hire boater apologised. Did you read that, as in read the words, digest them and process them?

You were not there nor know why or exactly what happened, but jump to the conclusion the Foxes were at fault.

On the balance of avaliable evidence I would say they were not.

For sombody that dislikes watching their vlogs so much you sure as hell spend a lot of time watching them....I do wonder why that is?

Your obviously a big fan and in denial of their faults and take they were not at fault and it was the hirer’s fault because he said “sorry” I think many will disagree😀

1 minute ago, Jerra said:

It is possible that they were on their first trip and were told they were going to fast and so apologised.

The Silver Fox seemed to me to be crossing from one side of the canal (the wrong side) to the other.  The hire boat seemed to be more on the correct side.

Having done the Cov down there a couple of times I can assure you its not always possible to keep to the 'correct' side if you wish to make progress.

3 minutes ago, Jerra said:

I agree.