CVA DPA pump setting for 2.52 diesel

DarrylH

Featured Posts

Does anybody know which letter setting is correct for DPA pump on a BMC 2.52 engine. 

I have just re-sealed a leaking pump with a seals kit and am putting back on the engine, ready for a start. Often these pumps are set to B or G on other engines but I do not know about the BMC 2.52. Thanks

11 hours ago, DarrylH said:

Does anybody know which letter setting is correct for DPA pump on a BMC 2.52 engine. 

I have just re-sealed a leaking pump with a seals kit and am putting back on the engine, ready for a start. Often these pumps are set to B or G on other engines but I do not know about the BMC 2.52. Thanks

If It's anything like the DPA 2.2 you use a gauge to take the backlash out of the drive line and the set the pointer on the pump mounting adaptor plate. Then line the line scribed on the corner of the pump flange with the pointer.  Normally, the pump overhauler would have scribed the line on the test and setup machine, but if all you have done is changed seals the existing one would be near enough.

The chaps with no gauge on 1.5s (different tool unless it's a universal one) often get it so it will run and the twist the pump to set be ear.

Here is a link to the manual, the 2.5 is mixed up with the 1.5 in each section.

https://www.marinedieselbasics.com/wp-content/uploads/BMC-Tempest-1-5-Manual.pdf

Edited by Tony Brooks