Wonderful weather

Featured Posts

Recently been basking in high 20's / low 30's temperatures, today the dog is shivering in his bed, covered in his quilt and we have had to fire up the blown-air eberspacher.

With 5 minutes the inside temperature has gone up from 14-15c to 20c and is still climbing, thermostat set at 25c

Luxury - comfort - warmth.

Dog moved himself and reversed up to the hot air vent, but we'll need to turn him over soon.

Non-stop rain and high winds, Forecast dry but cool and windy for the next 3 days, then 14 days of rain.

Welcome to Summer boating in Wales.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Recently been basking in high 20's / low 30's temperatures, today the dog is shivering in his bed, covered in his quilt and we have had to fire up the blown-air eberspacher.

With 5 minutes the inside temperature has gone up from 14-15c to 20c and is still climbing, thermostat set at 25c

Luxury - comfort - warmth.

Dog moved himself and reversed up to the hot air vent, but we'll need to turn him over soon.

Non-stop rain and high winds, Forecast dry but cool and windy for the next 3 days, then 14 days of rain.

Welcome to Summer boating in Wales.

don't tell everyone how good it is here

• Haha 1

A week or two ago there were people on here (the usual suspects!) moaning about how hot it was!

Make the most of it was my view, it doesn't usually last long (the sunny weather that is).

Today we've lost a day of cruising due to the shite weather. On Wednesday we moored in Brinklow marina and were fortunate enough to have arrived there before we were hit by thunder, lightning, torrential rain and hail. I had hail stones bouncing off the roof into the mushroom vents before landing on the floor. I never expected to be picking hail stones up from the carpet inside the boat!

I'd love to see the hot weather come back but it's not looking very likely. Probably will a day of two after we go home mid-August.

Edited by Lily Rose

5 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

I never expected to be picking hail stones up from the carpet inside the boat!

I can hazard a guess at what you said to them and I bet it wasn't 'Hail!'

1 minute ago, Naughty Cal said:

We have swapped our weekend plans for the van from somewhere we would have been parking on grass to somewhere we will be parking on tarmac.

Don't fancy sinking it this weekend 😀

Severe thunderstorm warning for Derbyshire this evening - headng slowly East over North Notts, & Lincolnshire

The Met Office is warning people that lightning storms could be seen in parts of Derbyshire and the rest of the East Midlands on Friday, July 30.

It comes as Storm Evert batters southern parts of England with high winds and heavy rain.

Meteorologists are warning that although winds won't reach such high levels in Derbyshire, the storm is bringing the potential for heavy rain, floods and thunder all the same.

As a result the Met Office has issued a yellow thunderstorm warning, which comes into effect at 11am and is set to last until 10pm on Friday night.

A map showing the extent of a yellow thunderstorm warning issued by the Met Office in Derbyshire in Friday, July 30.

And, at the same time Severn Trent water issue a hose pipe ban :

Severn Trent issues hosepipe plea as warm weather leads to water shortage - Derbyshire Live (derbytelegraph.co.uk)

18 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Severe thunderstorm warning for Derbyshire this evening - headng slowly East over North Notts, & Lincolnshire

The Met Office is warning people that lightning storms could be seen in parts of Derbyshire and the rest of the East Midlands on Friday, July 30.

It comes as Storm Evert batters southern parts of England with high winds and heavy rain.

Meteorologists are warning that although winds won't reach such high levels in Derbyshire, the storm is bringing the potential for heavy rain, floods and thunder all the same.

As a result the Met Office has issued a yellow thunderstorm warning, which comes into effect at 11am and is set to last until 10pm on Friday night.

A map showing the extent of a yellow thunderstorm warning issued by the Met Office in Derbyshire in Friday, July 30.

And, at the same time Severn Trent water issue a hose pipe ban :

Severn Trent issues hosepipe plea as warm weather leads to water shortage - Derbyshire Live (derbytelegraph.co.uk)

It flooded Jaynes drive and garden Alan, drive was 6 inches deep and garden over a foot, the newly tarmaced road has lifted as well in places. 

I was in Rotherham and we had a shower strange weather 

6 hours ago, peterboat said:

It flooded Jaynes drive and garden Alan, drive was 6 inches deep and garden over a foot, the newly tarmaced road has lifted as well in places. 

I was in Rotherham and we had a shower strange weather 

The heavy rain was very localised. We had rain in Worksop pretty much all day yesterday but none of it was really heavy.

• Happy 1

48 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Persistant precipitation all last night, but today dry so got the boat washed.

Sunday, Monday & Tuesday forecast cold (14-15 degrees) but dry so can get the bit of painting finished, Wednesday onwards - 7 days of rain !!

We had ordinary rain here.:closedeyes:

I'm sitting it out at home waiting to return to the boat Monday or Tuesday. My weather station shows 19mm of rain so far today. At one stage it was climbing as I was watching, I've never seen that before. A plus point is that it's got to have washed some of the dust off the car (never buy a black one 🚗)

Just now, Slim said:

I'm sitting it out at home waiting to return to the boat Monday or Tuesday. My weather station shows 19mm of rain so far today. At one stage it was climbing as I was watching, I've never seen that before. A plus point is that it's got to have washed some of the dust off the car (never buy a black one 🚗)

Watford/ Rickmansworth area.

We had flooding last Sunday in my husband's home village in Kent. Friends of ours ended up with their ground floor totally flooded - they'd only just moved back in after extensive smoke damage caused by a house fire. We're fairly safe where we are in Ashford, but it does worry me when it tips down with rain. You just can't be sure any more.

• Greenie 1

7 hours ago, MartynG said:

No rain here today although some dark clouds threatened for a while.

Even tired the dog out (daughters dog not ours)

image.png.fb7ecea4bb0dd00974ee401ec4256159.png

We had a visit from Sydneys brother so he was pretty tired out last night as well.

Didn't hear a thing from him all night he just crashed out 🤣🤣🤣

FB_IMG_1627799213092.jpg.dea27862ce18846ebdc219788a1511c5.jpg

FB_IMG_1627799225517.jpg.aaa406c8c3b60b983caf5e5f0357a38a.jpg

FB_IMG_1627799232838.jpg.e98058f30a5e1600871025236d47cb4c.jpg

FB_IMG_1627799238376.jpg.214cd06f1d3198550525fc0de501e673.jpg

Despite the forecast saying no rain here today it is now raining. Not heavy though.

Started this morning in full waterproofs getting lashed in the face by rain, finished up in short sleeves coming down the Atherstone locks regretting not having put shorts on before starting ‘em 😆

Happy Yorkshire Day!

• Haha 1