Gas work regs

Featured Posts

Been searching online and I mustnt be looking in the right place.

I'm trying to confirm whether a Gas Safe engineer is required to cap off an old supply (to fridge which has been replaced for a 12v one). This is on a private non residential boat.

Thanks!

Thanks, it's my parents boat so no financial gain, I'll probably even have to make my own brew! :)

When I say capped off I mean removal of the pipe back upto the T which runs off to the cooker and cap it there.

3 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Personally, I would photo the T for future BSS inspections and change it for a straight coupling. That way you get one less potential leak point and proof it is a necessary fitting.

Excellent suggestion, thanks, didn't think of that. 

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

Personally, I would photo the T for future BSS inspections and change it for a straight coupling. That way you get one less potential leak point and proof it is a necessary fitting.

Assuming there is enough slack in the pipework to move the pipes apart to get the T fitting out, and then to pull them up closer as the straight coupler will be shorter than the T.

2 hours ago, Liam said:

Been searching online and I mustnt be looking in the right place.

I'm trying to confirm whether a Gas Safe engineer is required to cap off an old supply (to fridge which has been replaced for a 12v one). This is on a private non residential boat.

Thanks!

As no-one has actually answered your exact question, the answer is no. 

You only need a GSR bod to do it when the boat falls within the scope of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998, and a non-residential boat does not. 

20 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

As no-one has actually answered your exact question, the answer is no. 

You only need a GSR bod to do it when the boat falls within the scope of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998, and a non-residential boat does not. 

Hello mtb, welcome back to a really dynamic and informed forum 😀.

........Dave

3 minutes ago, dmr said:

Hello mtb, welcome back to a really dynamic and informed forum 😀.

........Dave

Eh? 

I always said hell would freeze over before I register on the dynamic and well informed forum! 

• Happy 1

When I removed the gas fridge, I shortened the pipe from the tee that fed the cooker and fridge, and fitted a test nipple, as it was the new end of the line. As MTB says, no need for a GS fitter if not required under I and U regs. as long as you are competent; i.e no leaks.

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Eh? 

I always said hell would freeze over before I register on the dynamic and well informed forum! 

We are on the Cov, should be on the North Oxford in 2 or 3 days time, where are you?

Global Warming, Hell will never freeze over now 😀.

13 minutes ago, dmr said:

We are on the Cov, should be on the North Oxford in 2 or 3 days time, where are you?

Global Warming, Hell will never freeze over now 😀.

Wiltshire. Have you passed Alvecote yet?

Global warming is caused by all these clean diesels we have now. Back in the 70s the fear was "global dimming" IIRC, due to all the particulates going to block out the sun....

5 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Wiltshire. Have you passed Alvecote yet?

Global warming is caused by all these clean diesels we have now. Back in the 70s the fear was "global dimming" IIRC, due to all the particulates going to block out the sun....

Hope to Get to Atherstone tomoro, might stay there for a day and see if Cox's can do a TravelPower service.

Engine had got really smokey, somebody put a photo on facebook and it was almost embarrassing, so decided to remove and clean injectors, had not realised that this might increase global warming, you are right, black smoke is good 😀

7 hours ago, dmr said:

Hope to Get to Atherstone tomoro, might stay there for a day and see if Cox's can do a TravelPower service.

Engine had got really smokey, somebody put a photo on facebook and it was almost embarrassing, so decided to remove and clean injectors, had not realised that this might increase global warming, you are right, black smoke is good 😀

More about it here. Far too comperlicated for me to understand, but vintage diesels definitely help!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_dimming

A father has two sons. The younger son asks for his portion of inheritance from his father, who grants his son's request. This son, however, is prodigal (i.e., wasteful and extravagant), thus squandering his fortune and eventually becoming destitute. As consequence, he now must return home empty-handed and intend to beg his father to accept him back as a servant. To the son's surprise, he is not scorned by his father but is welcomed back with celebration and a welcoming party. Envious, the older son refuses to participate in the festivities. The father tells the older son: "you are ever with me, and all that I have is yours, but thy younger brother was lost and now he is found."

20 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

More about it here. Far too comperlicated for me to understand, but vintage diesels definitely help!

Blurry 'ell!

Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head then went to check the news but before I had a chance I spotted the familiar avatar of MtB. Never thought I'd see that in action again.

Welcome back Mike. You've been sorely missed IMHO, hope you stick around.

8 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Eh? 

Jeez where have you been! Didn’t your mum tell you not to stay out so long!

Anyway, welcome back!

50 minutes ago, MtB said:

That is really interesting, and if correct is worrying. The solution appears to be to get rid of petrol engines and modern diesels and increase the use of older slow revving direct injection diesels 😀.

2 hours ago, dmr said:

That is really interesting, and if correct is worrying. The solution appears to be to get rid of petrol engines and modern diesels and increase the use of older slow revving direct injection diesels 😀.

Indeed.

I'm just trying to work out how to install a nice Kelvin K2 in my van....

3 hours ago, MtB said:

Thank you for the welcome everyone! 

I'm gonna try to make this place work better for me in future. I wonder if the 'ignore' function works properly now.... 😅

Welcome back mate, good to see you back

• Greenie 1