Oxford Blues, book 3 in the waterways-based Johnson & Wilde Crime Mystery Series is now out

TheGrifter

Featured Posts

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_13c9.jpg.000a7f5b958bf7d47a338a3e3eea9b7c.jpg

Oxford Blues, the third book in my canal and river-based crime mystery series, is now available.

This time journalist Jack Johnson, army widow Nina Wilde and Eddie the border terrier fetch up on the River Isis at Oxford where the action takes place between Iffley Lock and Folly Bridge. It's January and a pair of magnet fishermen discover a young woman undergraduate's body at Iffley Weir and Jack is soon caught up in Dreaming Spires, Drowned Love and Dirty Business. There's a floating brothel, a perilous hot-air balloon flight, university rowing and organised criminal gangs using children to run County Lines drug-dealing operations. 

Thanks again to Canal World Forum members for advice during research for the book. Signed copies are available directly from orphanspublishing.co.uk (free p&p) or the hardback and e-book editions are available to order from online and good local booksellers. Oxford Blues follows book one, Canal Pushers set on the Midlands canals and book 2, River Rats, which is set on the River Avon at Bath. 

(nb the site owner has given permission for occasional updates on these books as and when they are published).

• Greenie 2

19 hours ago, TheGrifter said:

Yes, kindle editions available of all three books 

Personally I use old newspaper and bits of wood for kindling. Using a book would be much dearer, as well as being disrespectful to the book.

36 minutes ago, Athy said:

Personally I use old newspaper and bits of wood for kindling. Using a book would be much dearer, as well as being disrespectful to the book.

Yeah, but, when you swat a fly with a kindle, they stay swatted!

• Haha 1

Rushed off (electronically) and bought Andy's new book. It's become part of my annual summer boating habit for the last three years - go out cruising, read Andy's latest book. Looking forward to getting into it!

• Love 1

Hi Matty. I hope you are well. E-mailed you invite to launch party for Oxford Blues but no reply?? I remember Lady Grey well. Just finished first draft of book 4 - set in Amsterdam! Always up for crewing opportunities.