Brian and Rosemary Knight

Joseph

Featured Posts

Good morning again!

I'm trying to find out a bit of background to Brian and Rosemary Knight of Coventry, who were leading members in the IWA Midlands Branch in the 1960s. They were involved with the Ashton Canal cruise in Bruce, and other protest cruises, and helped out heavily in the Stratford restoration, fitting many lock gates. In many ways, they seem to have been unsung heroes. 

Does anyone know more about their later involvement with canals, and what happened to them?

All information gratefully received!

Joseph

https://www.macearchive.org/films/look-around-12071963-waterways

Whitlocks at 10:10.

At 12:10 Mr Morton with Marion Harris and family behind - followed by George Harris and Janet.

Brian & Rosy Daisy Knight at 21:08 onward. (Relationship upheaval shortly after - not sure of outcome)

Colonel Ritchie in it too - even me in a couple of shots. 

Knights.JPG

George.JPG

• Greenie 2

Lubbly! It's particularly instructive to hear such people as Leslie Morton and Robert Aickman actually speaking, as usually one sees just still photos of them. This film adds an extra dimension to them.

Many thanks Jubbly

I had seen the film, and Mr and Mrs Knight had featured greatly. They contributed a great deal.  

And then......?? Do you mean that they parted company? I've found reference to them installing lock gates on the Stratford in February 1964, and at the Stratford Canal reopening, but Mr Knight left the Midlands Branch Committee in December 1964 (along with David Hutchings), and I have not traced any reference to him in the Midlands Branch Navigation in 1965-6.

As an aside, I was just wondering whether there are other sound recordings of Robert Aickman and Lionel Munk. RFA had a very mannered, posh accent, but came across as quite mild.

Any further thoughts as to the fate of the Knights would be very welcome.

Thanks again

Joseph

Mmmm, "Fate of The Knights" - New Netflix Series?

Seen together at Sutton Stop around 1968 with Keith Christie. They shared a Severner 'Dove' with Philip Hutchins then. If Peter Froud were alive he'd be the one to reflect on upheavals.

The scene with Morton in it must have been shot on a Wednesday - his Braunston/Nelson day/night.