240v flush inlet

Featured Posts

This one's been driving me mad!
Does anyone know of a 240v inlet socket that fits in a round hole of around 90mm?
My socket broke last year, and I've trying to source a straight replacement for months without success.
Most seem to need an oval hole cut using a hole cutter.
As the hole in my boat is already cut this is not an option.
I have the remains of the original, but there is no sign of a maker's part number or any other way of ID-ing it.
All help gratefully received!

I found this on Amazon (aarrgghh) - it's not what you wanted - methinks what you want doesn't exist.

I fitted one to the pigeon box on the roof and threw away the white bit.

I don't think you can get a flush round type fitting as it wouldn't be waterproof?

• Knightsbridge IN0021 Appliance Inlet, 240 V, IP44, 16 A
Roll over image to zoom in

Knightsbridge IN0021 Appliance Inlet, 240 V, IP44, 16 A

I've tried CPC (large conponent supplier and came up with a list of variations:-

appliance inlet 16a

Edited by OldGoat

16 minutes ago, PaulG said:

This one's been driving me mad!
Does anyone know of a 240v inlet socket that fits in a round hole of around 90mm?
My socket broke last year, and I've trying to source a straight replacement for months without success.
Most seem to need an oval hole cut using a hole cutter.
As the hole in my boat is already cut this is not an option.
I have the remains of the original, but there is no sign of a maker's part number or any other way of ID-ing it.
All help gratefully received!

There are loads suitable for caravans and motorhomes that would suit but all the ones I can find need a larger aperture. 100 to 110 mm.

Post a pic. sombody on here will recognise yours.

That is the same as mine on one of the boats   Definitely  a flush caravan inlet with hinged cover but it goes in a hole that has 2 straight sides, not oval or round but an extended round.

I see where you are coming from, it fits in a round hole but behind. Mine fits in front of the steel. Yours has no hinged cover?

Electrical Industries Group  West Indies.

Says on mine   Kema Keur Powerpart Part Nr 113   EC309/309A   on the inside of the cover.

This is mine with cover.  Yours looks like it had a cover but broken off the hinge at the top.  Same release lever etc.  Seen these in chandlers.

Edited by Tracy D'arth

25 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

That is the same as mine on one of the boats   Definitely  a flush caravan inlet with hinged cover but it goes in a hole that has 2 straight sides, not oval or round but an extended round.

I see where you are coming from, it fits in a round hole but behind. Mine fits in front of the steel. Yours has no hinged cover?

Hi there - the hole that it came out of is round, about 90mm, and yes, it does fit on the outside of the steel.
There was a hinged cover, but it broke off - which is one of the reasons that I need a replacement.

4 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Electrical Industries Group  West Indies.

Says on mine   Kema Keur Powerpart Part Nr 113

EC309/309A

This is mine with cover.  Yours looks like it had a cover but broken off the hinge at the top.  Seen these in chandlers.

Thanks for that. I've tried a Powerpart 113, and it's too big for the hole, unfortunately.

Found this, looks exactly like mine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CARAVAN-FLUSH-FITTING-MAINS-INLET/dp/B00DIF2QGU/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&hvadid=80401820000374&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&hvqmt=p&keywords=caravan+inlet+socket&qid=1627130473&sr=8-3

So its not a 113 but looks to be the same maker.

Edited by Tracy D'arth

27 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

Hi OG - thanks for that. It just might do - I'd need to grind the hole a bit bigger or file a bit off it...

5 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Thanks again. I'll try and get more information from the seller...

55 minutes ago, PaulG said:

Hi there - thanks for the responses - please see these pictures of the broken unit.

20210724_130112 (Medium).jpg

20210724_130137 (Medium).jpg

20210724_130145 (Medium).jpg

20210724_130220 (Medium).jpg

20210724_130235 (Medium).jpg

Thats the same os the one on my boat - if you don't get sorted before, I'm going on Thursday so will see what can be seen,

My shoreline goes thry the wheel to get to it (makes sure you never drive off with it connected)

In the middle of priming and filling :

12-10-19p.jpg

Edited by Alan de Enfield

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

They all seem to fit in a 77mm X 92mm ovalised  hole.  Like my 113 does.  If you have a hole 92mm in diameter it should fit.

Yes, that's the problem.
The cutout in my hull is 90mm round.
I may have to grind away 2mm.
The frustrating thing is that the original fitted OK.

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Thats the same os the one on my boat - if you don't get sorted before, I'm going on Thursday so will see what can be seen,

My shoreline goes thry the wheel to get to it (makes sure you never drive off with it connected)

In the middle of priming and filling :

12-10-19p.jpg

Thanks Alan.

2 hours ago, PaulG said:

Yes, that's the problem.
The cutout in my hull is 90mm round.
I may have to grind away 2mm.
The frustrating thing is that the original fitted OK.

Probably the required hole is 92mm leaving a 1mm clearance when the unit is fitted and the unit is actually 90mm😉

13 hours ago, Loddon said:

Probably the required hole is 92mm leaving a 1mm clearance when the unit is fitted and the unit is actually 90mm😉

That's my problem.
The original unit is 89mm and the existing hole is 90mm!
Everything that I have found so far is too big...

20210724_130220 (Medium).jpg

11 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

A bit of filing top and bottom is all it will need surely?

I thought I'd see if I could find a replacement first.
Obviously, the original unit was not custom-made...
If I can't find the right unit, then I'll need to enlarge the hole in the steel as I think that removing 1mm of plastic will weaken the socket.
The plastic is not that thick to start with.