Removing a Road Pro Satellite Dome

Chris Lamb

Featured Posts

Aren't they just held on by a couple of screws / bolts?? In which case they're easy to remove.

FYI - your problem may not the the dome, but where you're locaated - the dome has to 'see' the satellite group but you may have trees / buildings in the way?

A standard or even a mini dish is (IMO) more ugly and difficult to mount.

We have a flat panel which is less obvious but awkward to mount.

Edited by OldGoat
  • Greenie 1

5 hours ago, OldGoat said:

FYI - your problem may not the the dome, but where you're locaated - the dome has to 'see' the satellite group but you may have trees / buildings in the way?

This can be more of a problem than people think. Where I am, the satellite is only 23 degrees above the horizon. Roughly a quarter of the arc between the horizon and straight up. The further north you go, the lower in the sky it appears. If there is anything sticking up in the way between the dish and the satellite it will block the signal. The signal is very weak, so it takes very little to attenuate it to near nothing. Even passing through the leaves of a tree. The broadcast power from the satellite is spread across the whole UK and in to surrounding countries and sea. You are trying to pick up the tiny proportion of that which is falling on a receiver around a foot across. It always amazes me it that it work at all!

Jen

• Greenie 1

I liked mine.......but had a second satellite tuner...... for when I couldn't get onto Astra for Sky.

Used to tune  Atlantasat.....Eutelsat  and six other satellites....

I once watched the Eurovision song contest in Albanian. !

How sad was that !!!!