Diesel fuel pipe interior fitting

Clodi

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

What a load of crap - you are clueless, you must be an examiner.

C&RT still get their cut of the BSS fee from the examiner, the examiner made his money everyone is happy.

I had a worthless piece of paper that said "I have examined this boat today and tested it for compliance with the BSS requirements and it passes, and I certify it is safe for use etc etc"

But the worthless piece of paper didn't say that, did it?

17 minutes ago, Tacet said:

But the worthless piece of paper didn't say that, did it?

It said (as I quoted verbatim by pasting the relevant section :

Your boat has been examined by the BSS Examiner above 

(With his name above)

He electronically signed the document - he commited fraud.

26 minutes ago, Ex Brummie said:

I'm not an examiner but do work in an environment where I certify standards. If you feel so aggrieved, tell CarRT and get another examination.

Why tell C&RT, the examiners are trained, and monitored with the standards enforced by the BSS Office.

I did complain and yet again nothing happened.

Why would I want another examiner, I had what I needed, despite it being issued under false pretenses. (The person making the representation knew the representation was false)

I guess some folks can see no wrong with C&RT or the BSS and you'll never agree however many examples I provide.

Maybe if you read and retained the information provided within the BSS guidelines you will see for yourself how corrupt the system is on your next BSS.

As I said earlier there are some absolutely scrupulous examiners, who apply the rules, not interprate them, and I commend them for their efforts.

No point in further discussion - over to you.

AdeE, how would it be if an examiner looked at you and assessed you to be a responsible and sensible person in full awareness of the requirements of the BSS and therefore almost certain to satisfy the spirit of the test if not all the small print?   And therefore asked about any changes, and being satisfied about them, signed you off?  Is that what happened to you?  If you look in the flesh anything like you post, I would not hesitate to give you a BSC pass without looking at your boat(s)!

I can imagine that an examiner who sees many hopeless cases does not dwell on those who are clearly unlikely to be a threat to themselves or others.  

But thats just me.

57 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

AdeE, how would it be if an examiner looked at you and assessed you to be a responsible and sensible person in full awareness of the requirements of the BSS and therefore almost certain to satisfy the spirit of the test if not all the small print?   And therefore asked about any changes, and being satisfied about them, signed you off?  Is that what happened to you?  If you look in the flesh anything like you post, I would not hesitate to give you a BSC pass without looking at your boat(s)!

I can imagine that an examiner who sees many hopeless cases does not dwell on those who are clearly unlikely to be a threat to themselves or others.  

But thats just me.

You may well be right. But under the BSC rules an Examiner is not allowed that discretion. He is supposed to actually inspect the various items set out in the checklist and verify for himself that the boat complies.

Edited by David Mack
  • Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

9 hours ago, system 4-50 said:

But thats just me.

It doesn't work like that when I take my car in for an MOT, why should it work like that on a boat with its BSS ?