EA license review - increase

Tuscan

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Tuscan said:

another consultation = another crease no doubt

If an increase is going up and a decrease is going down, then does a crease stay the same? Can anyone iron out this conundrum?

3 hours ago, Loddon said:

Looks like my registration will be going down nearly £200 a year under the new system 😎

A decrease, rather than an increase. Who'd have thunk it!

12 hours ago, Ex Brummie said:

As a narrowboat, assuming 6'10" you will only be touch over 34 sqmt.  When we've been on the Thames, thet've always worked on the less than 2mt beam

Even cheaper then 😁

6' 10" is 2.083m so I just knocked off the .083 to allow for the pointy bit which is what happened last time I had a Thames permit.

16 hours ago, Loddon said:

What size boat?

Mine is 18m narrow boat so 36sqm

60 X 10 which is 55.82 sq mtrs. Hadn't thought of knocking off a bit for the pointy front or the rounded stern though.

3 minutes ago, pearley said:

60 X 10 which is 55.82 sq mtrs. Hadn't thought of knocking off a bit for the pointy front or the rounded stern though.

When I asked the EA about that they said it didn't happen.

The licence dimensions were MAX length x MAX beam, no reduction for boat shaped boats.

35 minutes ago, pearley said:

I would view that as 18x3m, nowhere is your beam stated and they won't be measuring it so that's 54sqm😎

Having already gone up by about fifteen percent over the last couple of years, it looks like mine will be going up another 8% next year, and then a further 5% the year after... except it won't, because I will sell the boat. I am fed up with paying more and more in return for less and less by one of the world's worst old boy's clubs in existence. They can **** off.

Bye bye boating, hello motor-homing

)c:

I will get a little trailer sailer or something for a boaty fix