Ancient iMac won't send my posts anymore

Featured Posts

Noticed this in the last 2/3 weeks. I can log in to the forum ok , type a message, press  the send  button and that changes to "saving" then nothing, post does not appear in the topic. No problem with other forums. Browser is Firefox , same on this more modern  desktop from whence this message comes. Any ideas?

Due to receive a slightly less ancient iMac soon, I will see how that goes😃

The forum does seem to have its moments in refusing to  accept messages, but I am not sure that its not net overload in your locality rather than a forum problem. Often happens just after 3pm when the schools turn out.

Linux Mint & Firefox

16 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

The forum does seem to have its moments in refusing to  accept messages, but I am not sure that its not net overload in your locality rather than a forum problem. Often happens just after 3pm when the schools turn out.

Linux Mint & Firefox

But it never ever did it before the server update change, my reputation count and post count are still in K's too.  Chrome working at the mo.

Not sure why it happens, but it happens when using Microsoft Edge. It's happening on too many different setups, for it to be a browser fault. I usually reload the browser, which would have cleared all cookies from the previous loading. Freezing, when save is clicked on, is not that frequent.  

Edited by Higgs

It does seem to be an issue for several members then, on several browsers etc.

Obviously members not being able to post is a serious issue for a forum, and while if it is very occasional and always goes second time that is not ideal, if it is more persistent than that so much the worse!

I will look on the support forums and ask Invision why this might be the case and report back.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

Daniel