Jump to content

Mastervolt 6000 1500rpm


Featured Posts

I have a Mastervolt Whisper 6000 generator on my NB.  It is a Mitsubishi 3LE engine that Westerbeke have used in a generator and has been rebadged by Mastervolt.  I would like to give the engine a full service but I am having difficulties identifying the correct parts numbers.  This was made in 2003 and is the 1500 RPM version not the 3000 RPM version.  Most of the materials I find online are those for the 3000RPM.  Whilst I suspect there are no differences in the engine parts I would like to ensure I purchase the right ones.  To make matters worse it is my understanding that there are systems in place to protect the manufacturers profit margins against the customers wishes to source and identify pattern parts at a reasonable cost versus the outrageous prices charged by the manufacturers.  Would anyone have any suggestions as to what company may supply these pattern parts or in the worst case scenario original Mitsubishi parts.

TIA. Martin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Dartagnan said:

I have a Mastervolt Whisper 6000 generator on my NB.  It is a Mitsubishi 3LE engine that Westerbeke have used in a generator and has been rebadged by Mastervolt.  I would like to give the engine a full service but I am having difficulties identifying the correct parts numbers.  This was made in 2003 and is the 1500 RPM version not the 3000 RPM version.  Most of the materials I find online are those for the 3000RPM.  Whilst I suspect there are no differences in the engine parts I would like to ensure I purchase the right ones.  To make matters worse it is my understanding that there are systems in place to protect the manufacturers profit margins against the customers wishes to source and identify pattern parts at a reasonable cost versus the outrageous prices charged by the manufacturers.  Would anyone have any suggestions as to what company may supply these pattern parts or in the worst case scenario original Mitsubishi parts.

TIA. Martin

 

If you have the Mitsi engine  number talk to Diamond Diesels

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree, my own Mastervolt 3LE needed new glow plugs and MV think they are gold plated!  DD sold me a set for a third of the price!  PM me with your email and I'll send you a copy of the parts list

  • Greenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, rustynewbery said:

I agree, my own Mastervolt 3LE needed new glow plugs and MV think they are gold plated!  DD sold me a set for a third of the price!  PM me with your email and I'll send you a copy of the parts list

Sounds rather like Onan!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

 

If you have the Mitsi engine  number talk to Diamond Diesels

Thank you for the information Tony, I’m grateful

18 hours ago, rustynewbery said:

I agree, my own Mastervolt 3LE needed new glow plugs and MV think they are gold plated!  DD sold me a set for a third of the price!  PM me with your email and I'll send you a copy of the parts list

PM sent 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.