Mastervolt 6000 1500rpm

Featured Posts

I have a Mastervolt Whisper 6000 generator on my NB.  It is a Mitsubishi 3LE engine that Westerbeke have used in a generator and has been rebadged by Mastervolt.  I would like to give the engine a full service but I am having difficulties identifying the correct parts numbers.  This was made in 2003 and is the 1500 RPM version not the 3000 RPM version.  Most of the materials I find online are those for the 3000RPM.  Whilst I suspect there are no differences in the engine parts I would like to ensure I purchase the right ones.  To make matters worse it is my understanding that there are systems in place to protect the manufacturers profit margins against the customers wishes to source and identify pattern parts at a reasonable cost versus the outrageous prices charged by the manufacturers.  Would anyone have any suggestions as to what company may supply these pattern parts or in the worst case scenario original Mitsubishi parts.

TIA. Martin

28 minutes ago, Dartagnan said:

I have a Mastervolt Whisper 6000 generator on my NB.  It is a Mitsubishi 3LE engine that Westerbeke have used in a generator and has been rebadged by Mastervolt.  I would like to give the engine a full service but I am having difficulties identifying the correct parts numbers.  This was made in 2003 and is the 1500 RPM version not the 3000 RPM version.  Most of the materials I find online are those for the 3000RPM.  Whilst I suspect there are no differences in the engine parts I would like to ensure I purchase the right ones.  To make matters worse it is my understanding that there are systems in place to protect the manufacturers profit margins against the customers wishes to source and identify pattern parts at a reasonable cost versus the outrageous prices charged by the manufacturers.  Would anyone have any suggestions as to what company may supply these pattern parts or in the worst case scenario original Mitsubishi parts.

TIA. Martin

If you have the Mitsi engine  number talk to Diamond Diesels

• Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, rustynewbery said:

I agree, my own Mastervolt 3LE needed new glow plugs and MV think they are gold plated!  DD sold me a set for a third of the price!  PM me with your email and I'll send you a copy of the parts list

Sounds rather like Onan!

18 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

If you have the Mitsi engine  number talk to Diamond Diesels

Thank you for the information Tony, I’m grateful

18 hours ago, rustynewbery said:

I agree, my own Mastervolt 3LE needed new glow plugs and MV think they are gold plated!  DD sold me a set for a third of the price!  PM me with your email and I'll send you a copy of the parts list

PM sent 😁