Test post

Bee

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

More likely PICNIC, problem in chair not in computer.

I don't know. The Athy Avatar problems seemed to indicate otherwise. I lost count of how many times I cleared my catch, deleted history and tried other browsers. All to no avail.

10 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

I don't know. The Athy Avatar problems seemed to indicate otherwise. I lost count of how many times I cleared my catch, deleted history and tried other browsers. All to no avail.

I hope you now see the steam loco as my avatar photo - in other words, the cheeky ladies are no longer appearing.

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

I hope you now see the steam loco as my avatar photo - in other words, the cheeky ladies are no longer appearing.

Yes, all fine now, but it does not alter the fact that it seems probably that it had nothing to do with you or what you may or may not have done, so it serves to prove that the PICNIC statement may well not have been applicable.

The PICNIC comment was in response to Tracy's GIGO comment not aimed at Athy.

There is another mnemonic we use at work relating to needing training but I would get a lifetime ban I expect if I used it on here.

2 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

The PICNIC comment was in response to Tracy's GIGO comment not aimed at Athy.

There is another mnemonic we use at work relating to needing training but I would get a lifetime ban I expect if I used it on here.

I know, but I was pointing out that it is not always true with an example.

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

Yes, all fine now, but it does not alter the fact that it seems probably that it had nothing to do with you or what you may or may not have done,

I think "definitely" would be closer to the mark!

10 minutes ago, Athy said:

I think "definitely" would be closer to the mark!

Which to me is more worrying as it means some how some one or thing had access to your computer or Canal World Forum account without your or anyone else's authority.

17 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Which to me is more worrying as it means some how some one or thing had access to your computer or Canal World Forum account without your or anyone else's authority.

That's quite possible. I haven't much idea how computers work, I'm just pleased when they do.

Nothing else which I do on the computer (e.g. contributing to other web sites) seems to have been affected.

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And your bank account ?

Credit card ?

I did say "nothing else".

My use of my bank account does not involve my computer, but if my next statement arrives with cheeky ladies at the top of the page instead of the Lloyd's black horse, I'll suspect that something is amiss.

6 hours ago, Rob-M said:

More likely PICNIC, problem in chair not in computer.

Many years ago I shared an office with some IT support people.

After a protracted conversation one suddenly slammed the phone down and shouted "pebkac" at the top of his voice.

I had never heard the word before, so asked if it was an expletive and what it meant.

Back came the answer - "Problem exists between keyboard and chair!"

• Haha 2