TV Programme More4 21:00 tonight: My Floating Home

PD1964

Featured Posts

Freeview Ch18 More4 21:00hrs @My Floating Home” Colin who’s 55 is embarking on a bold life adventure, He plans to spend half the year cruising the UK’s waterways on his high spec Narrowboat “Tickin Along”

May be of interest to some Newbies thinking of buying a Narrowboat, others may not last till the first commercial break. 

10 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Old Friends made a fleeting appearance again, you must be raking in the royalties.

I cant believe these people are making shed loads out of us and we are living like paupers...having to paddleboard and drag our boat up the Nene as it's either diesel or food.

Not at all bad, far better then the George Clarke’s spoiled brats and dreamers wanting a new life on the canal in London. At least he never tried to reinvent the wheel with daft build ideas and was sensible.

The boat fitter(Swan Boats) gave him what he wanted with nothing over the top and a fair price. Yes I would say one of the better boat build programmes.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, EnglishRose said:

We just bought a narrowboat 🙂 

If we get it back to home in one piece over the next few days it will be on our end of garden mooring next to our as-of-today rendered house.

IMG-20210716-WA0009.jpg.d94e3a634fbab189a6ed87b1b733da78.jpg

Oh

Congratulations! An end of garden mooring too - perfect. Wishing you tons of happiness in your new boat.

15 minutes ago, EnglishRose said:

We just bought a narrowboat 🙂 

If we get it back to home in one piece over the next few days it will be on our end of garden mooring next to our as-of-today rendered house.

IMG-20210716-WA0009.jpg.d94e3a634fbab189a6ed87b1b733da78.jpg

Oh

https://www.canalworld.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_07/IMG-20210716-WA0009.jpg.d94e3a634fbab189a6ed87b1b733da78.jpg

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Thats a bit ungrateful - the forum has been going for many years and has helped a number of newbies and oldies alike. Just because you posted doesn't mean the forum should be removed.

Oh sorry I meant I posted it on the wrong thread, I meant to post it on the one I had created not hijack a thread about a TV programme telling everyone about a boat I'd bought.

Edited by EnglishRose
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PD1964 said:

With the cost of steal and materials rising weekly that’s near the bottom end for a good built boat.

There will be Narrowboats at this years Crick £250K-£300K.

Good program and a nice boat.

The 10 week build program is impressive. There is no suggestion they do not but I hope they build something that is durable long term within that time period.

Found it quite watchable, reminded me of my planning stage when things were crossed off the list, items upgraded, items downgraded, "if I have this I'll have to drop that" phase. Thought the builder gave some good practical advice and the buyer was  sensible.

Also reminded me of the buzz of launching day when your dreams are suspended midair and you have no control over the outcome it's all under the control of others. 

I wish him well on his journeys. 

Edited by reg
Speeling

8 hours ago, EnglishRose said:

Oh sorry I meant I posted it on the wrong thread, I meant to post it on the one I had created not hijack a thread about a TV programme telling everyone about a boat I'd bought.

Don't worry, Alan was only teasing. Your previous posts have now been removed, as you requestd.