How many is too many people?

NiceGuyEddie

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Which of course is their prerogative

fairly standard, I think. The MCA rules for counting passengers on a trip boat are the same - everything on two legs is counted, no matter how large or small. 

haggis

10 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Eggsactly - if they wish to prescribe extremely strong laxatives that is their perogative.

I did wonder if I used the wrong word. Thats the trouble with spell checkers, they don't know what I want to say. If I had found it and cut and past it would have been fine.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I did wonder if I used the wrong word. Thats the trouble with spell checkers, they don't know what I want to say. If I had found it and cut and past it would have been fine.

Past seems to prove your point methinks. 

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The boat builder can determine their own maximum load. If referring to the standard BS EN ISO 14946:2001, this states that the maximum load shall include the weight of the following:

a) The number of persons at 75 kg each (for adults

I've seen a few boat crews where that would significantly underestimate the total weight of the people on board...

Edited by David Mack

9 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I've seen a few boat crews where that would significantly underestimate the total weight of the people on board...

As have I, but there has to be a standard.

If the standard was (say) 150kg then the boat that could be stated as 12-person would now only be 6-person.

There must surely be a large safety factor involved because of the potential bodily variations.