Serviced winter mooring: how do I get one?

QuaintJames

Featured Posts

The EA guarantee navigation from April to September and guarantee certain rights ,ie anchor anyway in river moor at locks etc ,after 30 September no guarantee. My mooring is in tidel just after Richmond half lock, l need no licence ,l only buy one to go to non tidel.l can go out when l want in tidel , l don’t need vhf because l under 30 feet and half powerful engine ,never had a problem with PLA ,Infact rarely see them this far up river once in blue moon they visit teddington.If you can’t go anywhere how come they say you must move every 14 days ,if a lock don’t work on thames courts have said they can’t make you move or fine you till lock works again,mind you that don’t stop district enforcement trying .Last year l sent my licence to lock keeper so when the EA give my address to district enforcement for mooring fees they go lock keepers house not mine ,this year they not send me licence but l paid on debit so don’t really care if l anit showing it l no l got it .

2 minutes ago, JKS said:

If you can’t go anywhere how come they say you must move every 14 days ,if a lock don’t work on thames courts have said they can’t make you move or fine you till lock works again,

Same on the canals - some folks have been stuck on some of the canals for several months now. If the canal is closed then you cannot move = 14 day rule suspended (obviously)

Previously C&RT have even arranged for cranes to come and lift out boat that couldn't move.

Nothing easy on thames ,lol .You no lock keeper you can stay forever in he’s patch .You upset him your on your way quick.THAMES water never worry who’s moored on there bits either .But you go to say Windsor and there are there before you get pins in wanting there money.Marlow is 14 quid a night most expensive on thames mind you a lot of famous and rich live there or infamous ,lol .As far as l am concerned my boat, my pit bull and me just potter about the Thames ,leave us alone we leave you alone ,l was going to Kennet and Avon for diesel but crt want 20 quid for plate ,woman try to tell me l never had gold licence in 2015 even though l sitting with it in my hand and my number is real .l got number of EA  N2255 which is from north of England . I got SSR number of PLA and One of crt .Its confusing having 3 numbers on boat ,crazy system but it helps when you say not me , lol .🏴‍☠️