12v fridge

Midnight

Featured Posts

Thinking if buying a new 12v fridge from Midland Chandlers at Braunstone. There's nothing much wrong with our Shorline except  a bit yellow inside and needs a bulb. Free to a good home shame to scrap it. Message me if you're interested and can collect from Braunstone 

Edited by Midnight

54 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

<pedant>Assuming you mean Braunston, which had a Midland Swindlers branch, not Braunstone. The only Braunstone I know of is a not terribly salubrious suburb of Leicester and definitely doesn't have a Midland Swindlers.</pedant>

Well smack my wrist and stand in the corner

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

<pedant>Assuming you mean Braunston, which had a Midland Swindlers branch, not Braunstone. The only Braunstone I know of is a not terribly salubrious suburb of Leicester and definitely doesn't have a Midland Swindlers.</pedant>

I'm curious as to why they're still often referred to as Swindlers? Customer service is some of the best I've experienced and recently.

• Greenie 2

5 minutes ago, Narrowboater1 said:

I assume they are called swindlers because their prices are ridiculous. Very expensive. 

But they are happy to price match so can be the same price as anywhere else.

12 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

But they are happy to price match so can be the same price as anywhere else.

But the parent company also supplies most other Chandlers so it’s rather impossible to find cheaper if it’s something they hold the wholesale rights to. 

1 hour ago, Narrowboater1 said:

I assume they are called swindlers because their prices are ridiculous. Very expensive. 

Guess it depends on the product, pretty much the same with most outlets. When I've asked for a discount thy've obliged, happily. Bought a new fridge 2/3 weeks ago and faulty and to say they've gone out of their way (in conjunction with Shoreline) when there's a signifiant supply issue would be an understatement. I've been assisted by Midland's sales manager. Absolutley brilliant service so kind of feel obliged to defend them, gettign soft in me old age! 🙂

I think the 'swindlers' tag came from many years ago when all their adverts and prices on shop shelves were "+VAT", but broadly similar to competitors gross prices.

Like most merchants they are amenable to some discount on bulk orders like fit out lots or trade customers. They are certainly a lot more customer conscious than some of their competitors and their stock levels are good and reliable.

As in all walks of life, anyone making a significant purchase should look around for the best deal but for convenience, on smaller deals, it's often not worth the effort. Procrastination is the thief of time.