Stateing the bleeding obvious

tree monkey

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, jaime66 said:

We would fit a 2.5kw wall unit which will do most bedrooms ,if we can fit unit to outside wall normally looking at £1200 plus vat comes with wifi so control unit from phone ...as for running cost 50p per night but how much is a good night sleep worth ?

about the external unit(i imagine it looks like photo posted by blackrose): can it be at ground level, even though bedroom is in first floor? 

3 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Ours uses 4.2 amps when cooling. 3.7 when used as a heater.

You can get units that you can install under benches with ducting to push the cooled air around and thus you dont have the 'ugly' dome on the roof which look better on a caravan or motorhome than they would on a boat.

PXL_20210617_182037508~2.jpg

That is less than a fridge.

5 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

That is less than a fridge.

Thats what the manual states. I know we can run it on a 6amp site supply but if we put anything else on such as a kettle we immediately trip the supply.

The start up requirement is much higher but its only for millisecs and doesn't normally trip site supplies.

1 hour ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Thats what the manual states. I know we can run it on a 6amp site supply but if we put anything else on such as a kettle we immediately trip the supply.

The start up requirement is much higher but its only for millisecs and doesn't normally trip site supplies.

Are that's the 240 volt current 60 to 100 amps out of the batteries

• Horror 1

45 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Are that's the 240 volt current 60 to 100 amps out of the batteries

Yes. We've never tried to run it off our single 110ah single leisure battery via an inverter.😜😜

Edited by The Happy Nomad

Came down the Mac this morning, stopped at the Lidl at Hardings Wood junction to buy a desk fan to get a bit of air movement in the boat. Never considered putting 8 hours of desk fan use on the power audit. Luckily it is only 45 Watt and the solar kept it going for most of the afternoon.

I wish it was cooler now. 

Our house is generally very cool if we manage the curtains right but tonight it's really uncomfortable. 

Watching old episodes of Sewing Bee to pass the time while I can't sleep 🙂

6 hours ago, Ange said:

I wish it was cooler now. 

Our house is generally very cool if we manage the curtains right but tonight it's really uncomfortable. 

Watching old episodes of Sewing Bee to pass the time while I can't sleep 🙂

We finally managed to get to sleep with all of the upstairs windows and internal doors open, the bathroom and ensuite extractor fans running and 2 desk fans running in the bedroom.

That moved the air around just enough.

For this next week this house will be unbearable because it won't lose the heat generated the day before through the night so the heat will just keep building as the hot days go by :rolleyes:

• Greenie 1

19 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Hell it's hot

Beautiful, yes, the thought of days like yesterday is what keep us going through the dank, miserable weather which is such a feature of the British climate.

We spent just about all of yesterday outside, temperature in the low 80s, beautiful sunshine, barbecue with friends whom we hadn't seen for over a year because of lockdown restrictions, a perfect summer's day. Oh, and a Spitfire and a Catalina flew over the garden (our friends live in Duxford).

The good new is that the lovely warm weather is predicted to continue throughout this week. Yippee!

36 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

We finally managed to get to sleep with all of the upstairs windows and internal doors open, the bathroom and ensuite extractor fans running and 2 desk fans running in the bedroom.

Surely it would have been cooler in the motor home with the Aircon on 😎

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Loddon said:

Surely it would have been cooler in the motor home with the Aircon on 😎

It hasn't got air con!

Well it has in the cab but that doesn't cool the whole van down. It was as hot in the van as it was in the house yesterday!!

2 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

It hasn't got air con!

Well it has in the cab but that doesn't cool the whole van down. It was as hot in the van as it was in the house yesterday!!

I'm surprised, thought you would have had all the gadgets and gizmos fitted 😱

14 hours ago, matty40s said:

Hope you didnt break that lot too, we need to come back when we've paddle boarded the Nene.😉

No and all the by-washes were running - only disadvantage was Leon sat at the top lock having the day off cos "It was too hot"

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Beautiful, yes, the thought of days like yesterday is what keep us going through the dank, miserable weather which is such a feature of the British climate.

Couldn't agree more!

I'd much rather have weather like this than cold, wet or windy. Or worse still, all of those. My concern is that this weather won't last until we get back to the boat, hopefully at the end of this week.

In the meantime...

Hot weather: How to sleep in the heat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-49072212

and

How to cool your home in a warming world

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57467776

1 hour ago, Loddon said:

I'm surprised, thought you would have had all the gadgets and gizmos fitted 😱

No. We don't plan on being hooked up to electric all that often so having it fitted wouldn't really be of much use to us. Would just be extra weight to lug around and extra height added!

12 hours ago, PeterF said:

Came down the Mac this morning, stopped at the Lidl at Hardings Wood junction to buy a desk fan to get a bit of air movement in the boat. Never considered putting 8 hours of desk fan use on the power audit. Luckily it is only 45 Watt and the solar kept it going for most of the afternoon.

Its only 36Ah, less that the average leisure battery when its brand new

It was a bot cooler this morning. A mist had settled on the fields and pond here.

That has soon burned off though and it is boiling hot again already. Hoping for one of the storms to come over this way later and cool things off a bit!!

• Greenie 1

It was quite warm here, even with a bedroom window open, when I went to bed about 11.30. I remember thinking "Shall I be able to sleep?"....the next thing I knew it was 7.45 a.m., an hour later than my habitual waking-up time. Mrs. Athy's matinal mug of tea must be serve at 7.50...aarrgghh! after a bit of hurtling I delivered it just on time.

The B.B.C. reckoned that we would have thunderstorms from 3 p.m. today. That was their forecast yesterday...now they have revised it to 5p.m. So I have been watering the gardens; this pretty much guarantees that there will be rain.

5 minutes ago, Athy said:

It was quite warm here, even with a bedroom window open, when I went to bed about 11.30. I remember thinking "Shall I be able to sleep?"....the next thing I knew it was 7.45 a.m., an hour later than my habitual waking-up time. Mrs. Athy's matinal mug of tea must be serve at 7.50...aarrgghh! after a bit of hurtling I delivered it just on time.

The B.B.C. reckoned that we would have thunderstorms from 3 p.m. today. That was their forecast yesterday...now they have revised it to 5p.m. So I have been watering the gardens; this pretty much guarantees that there will be rain.

I will be hanging a second load of washing out in a few minutes. That is guaranteed to make it rain :lol:

2 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

I will be hanging a second load of washing out in a few minutes. That is guaranteed to make it rain :lol:

Yep.

On a more serious nots, I'd guess that your new house's ability to retain heat means that it stays lovely and warm in winter.