Stateing the bleeding obvious

tree monkey

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

this is one of the few days of the year when having an 1890’s house with 13ft high ceilings really pays off :D 

Its a cool 23.9 degrees in the hallway, just don’t sit near a window 😅

Ever driven in to a French village in the summer, and assumed that no one lives there, because all the shutters are closed?

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

this is one of the few days of the year when having an 1890’s house with 13ft high ceilings really pays off :D 

Its a cool 23.9 degrees in the hallway, just don’t sit near a window 😅

I had an old (built 1827) stone house.

It was lovely and cool in summer,but absolutely perishing in winter.

3 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Hell it's hot

Are you sure of that, more info  required, what sort of temperature do you consider hot, what one person thinks is hot another is comfortable, what would you consider warm to be. Is this day time or night?

3 minutes ago, jaime66 said:

As a Air Conditioning contractor, we just turn on AC and bang lovely and cool ....hope this helps lol

One of the best things we ever bought for our 'van is the roof mounted air con. It comes into its own when the temp goes over 30c like it did here yesterday, and especially when in France and it goes over 40c.

(Somebody will be along shortly to point out using air con is bad for the planet......)

9 minutes ago, jaime66 said:

As a Air Conditioning contractor, we just turn on AC and bang lovely and cool ....hope this helps lol

33C in my boat. Everyone at my mooring is jealous of the occupants of a boat with air conditioning. The moorings have shore power but I'm not sure if he uses it from his inverter when he's away. He reckons that it hardly uses any power. 

I'm sure it's great and I'd probably install a unit on my boat if it didn't look so horribly ugly from the outside.

7 minutes ago, blackrose said:

33C in my boat. Everyone at my mooring is jealous of the occupants of a boat with air conditioning. The moorings have shore power but I'm not sure if he uses it from his inverter when he's away. He reckons that it hardly uses any power. 

I'm sure it's great and I'd probably install a unit on my boat if it didn't look so horribly ugly from the outside.

Ours uses 4.2 amps when cooling. 3.7 when used as a heater.

You can get units that you can install under benches with ducting to push the cooled air around and thus you dont have the 'ugly' dome on the roof which look better on a caravan or motorhome than they would on a boat.

PXL_20210617_182037508~2.jpg

Edited by The Happy Nomad

13 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Are you sure of that, more info  required, what sort of temperature do you consider hot, what one person thinks is hot another is comfortable, what would you consider warm to be. Is this day time or night?

Completely understand this is purely my opinion and mine alone and has absolutely no scientific basis for said opinion.

Curiously there is a chap sitting in the shade of an Oak tree nearby who seems to be wearing some sort of Halloween costume, a very good one as it happens, all horns and cloven feet swearing very loudly about the heat, must be some sort of party I suppose 

• Happy 1

2 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Completely understand this is purely my opinion and mine alone and has absolutely no scientific basis for said opinion.

Curiously there is a chap sitting in the shade of an Oak tree nearby who seems to be wearing some sort of Halloween costume, a very good one as it happens, all horns and cloven feet swearing very loudly about the heat, must be some sort of party I suppose 

I wont accept anything other than peer reviewed study or Prof Whitty...

1 minute ago, tree monkey said:

I was able to spread butter within a minute of taking it out of the fridge 

ok, that will do.

• Greenie 1