S Stratford - Wilmcote water shortage

DaveP

Featured Posts

Below Wilmcote locks (pound 50-51) water down around 60-80cm due to boater leaving paddles up on lock 51 last night.

Also between middle and lower flights (pound 47-48) water down around 50cm.

little pounds in lower flight now down 150cm....

Awoke with the boat on the serious lean.  Have used the small pounds in the bottom flight to get boat off bottom and fridge back to its side of kitchen.

CRT aware.

Dave

2 hours ago, DaveP said:

little pounds in lower flight now down 150cm....

Dave

A translation into English shows that the pounds are down by five feet.

Is this possible? I didn't think that many canals were five feet deep in the first place.

If so it sounds serious.

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

A translation into English shows that the pounds are down by five feet.

Is this possible? I didn't think that many canals were five feet deep in the first place.

If so it sounds serious.

That's because I emptied them into the long pound - they're prob only 100cm deep at the edge and less over on the off-side, but the channel is that deep (lots of transits and locking/filling over a couple of boat lengths distance forming a distinct scour channel)...

4 minutes ago, DaveP said:

That's because I emptied them into the long pound - they're prob only 100cm deep at the edge and less over on the off-side, but the channel is that deep (lots of transits and locking/filling over a couple of boat lengths distance forming a distinct scour channel)...

Even my Big Woolwich can cope with pounds that are down and 'only' 100cm deep at the edge!