Moorings on Trent and Mersey

WAC81

Featured Posts

Just been looking at Bramble Cuttings - looks good. Are they public visitor moorings or just for Broken Cross Boat Club members? And do they get very busy at this time of year? We’re heading that way tomorrow. Thanks. 

bramble cutting is lovely if you can get on not many moorings and popular. Marbury park is lovely plenty of mooring and nice to walk round not far from Anderson boat lift and a crt service station 

Edited by chevron

13 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Do what we have done on the Nene, set off early and arrive at one of a selection of moorings late morning, the overnighters have gone and the day boaters havnt arrived yet.

Thanks for the advice. O

6 minutes ago, chevron said:

bramble cutting is lovely if you can get on not many moorings and popular. Marbury park is lovely plenty of mooring and nice to walk round not far from Anderson boat lift and a crt service station 

Thank you. We stayed a Marbury park a few weeks ago - gorgeous walks. Just wanted somewhere a bit closer to Middlewich tomorrow. May try to get to Bramble Cuttings reasonably early. 

32 minutes ago, WAC81 said:

Thanks for the advice. O

Thank you. We stayed a Marbury park a few weeks ago - gorgeous walks. Just wanted somewhere a bit closer to Middlewich tomorrow. May try to get to Bramble Cuttings reasonably early. 

There is room for 4or 5 boats at Bramble Cuttings, its a 48 hour mooring so if you get there early there is every likelihood that there will be a space or someone will leave shortly.

There are 2 marinas, Outwater and Park Farm along there who could give you pleasant mooring short term.

There is plenty of room on the flashes.

About a mile north of Bramble Cuttings is one boat length of piling where it is deep enough to moor. Alternatively, if Bramble Cuttings are full almost opposite towards Middlewich there are some rings on the towpath side.

I love the Bramble Cuttings moorings and that is usually our last nights mooring for most cruises. However, when we were there last a couple of months ago I was bitten by several wee beasties and the bites took several days to die down. I have never encountered these beasties before but they were brave little devils. If I felt one on my arm I would knock it of only to have it return a few seconds later and bite again, and again! They were about the length of a cleg (horse fly) but more transparent. 

haggis

1 hour ago, haggis said:

I love the Bramble Cuttings moorings and that is usually our last nights mooring for most cruises. However, when we were there last a couple of months ago I was bitten by several wee beasties and the bites took several days to die down. I have never encountered these beasties before but they were brave little devils. If I felt one on my arm I would knock it of only to have it return a few seconds later and bite again, and again! They were about the length of a cleg (horse fly) but more transparent. 

haggis

Virtual cleg?  Or  zombie fly?  There are lots of horse flies about and the horrid  yellow dung flies.

We went past a couple of days ago and the once immaculately maintained moorings are now overgrown. We did not stop as there was not room.

I think that the work parties organised by the Broken Cross Cruising Club will have been suspended due to the coronavirus outbreak.

4 minutes ago, Pie Eater said:

We went past a couple of days ago and the once immaculately maintained moorings are now overgrown. We did not stop as there was not room.

I think that the work parties organised by the Broken Cross Cruising Club will have been suspended due to the coronavirus outbreak.

yes, I think they have.  

Thanks everyone. After a long  and hot day, starting early but having to queue at 6 locks,  we found a lovely, shady spot to moor near Bramble Cuttings and enjoyed a beautiful summer’s evening. 

• Greenie 2