Ashby Canal vandalism.

pig

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Athy said:

Thank you.

Having no idea what a screen shot is or how to take one, it looks as if I'll be remaining anonymous for the time being! While this suits my self-effacing nature, it would be nice to have a picture on my avatar.

Email me the image and I will crush it and send it back.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

I have now clicked on "remove my photo" in my profile section, and would be interested to know if members can see the house and boat, the cheeky ladies or neither of these.

Ah. Your getting to the bottom of it. :clapping:

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, Athy said:

I have now clicked on "remove my photo" in my profile section, and would be interested to know if members can see the house and boat, the cheeky ladies or neither of these.

You've reverted to the default 'no picture' avatar for me. Just opened the thread on PC and phone and it applies on both. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Thank you.

Having no idea what a screen shot is or how to take one, it looks as if I'll be remaining anonymous for the time being! While this suits my self-effacing nature, it would be nice to have a picture on my avatar.

If you send me the image you want to use by email, I can re size it for you. I think you have my gmail address, if not I can send it by pm.

Cross posted with Tony

Well, I'm afraid that the computer still told me that the picture was too big, but I am grateful to the people who offered assistance.

So, for now the photo of my favourite boat is replaced by a photo I took of one of my favourite steam engines (it's an 0-6-6-0T Mallet on the Chemin de Fer du Vivarais, as any anoraks on here will know.

For anyone wishing to suggest that it's frivolous and/or inappropriate, long walks and short piers are available.

Just now, Athy said:

Well, I'm afraid that the computer still told me that the picture was too big, but I am grateful to the people who offered assistance.

So, for now the photo of my favourite boat is replaced by a photo I took of one of my favourite steam engines (it's an 0-6-6-0T Mallet on the Chemin de Fer du Vivarais, as any anoraks on here will know.

For anyone wishing to suggest that it's frivolous and/or inappropriate, long walks and short piers are available.

Did you try the even smaller one I subsequently sent?

18 minutes ago, Athy said:

Even when viewd on 'private' it is now showing the train - it looks as if it is actually the picture that has been molested.

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Athy said:

I am not playing the fool, as you so kindly put it. I did not install the Cheeky Ladies avatar, so why are you attempting to put any blame on me?

No, I do not know that it is going to antagonise some people.

Yes,,they do.

Those things apart, I am entirely in agreement with you.

Worms? Maggots?

The best that a computer can do is pseudo-random.

2 hours ago, The Happy Nomad said:

I think the forum got particularly fussy about image sizes a couple of updates back. I find the quickest way to re size is to take a screen shot of the image and use that.

Sounds  as if the limit is enforced at the time of adding the picture not when loading it. Hence all those that were already in place when the limit was introduced remained OK

28 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Even when viewd on 'private' it is now showing the train - it looks as if it is actually the picture that has been molested.

That's good news, thank you.

10 minutes ago, Bod said:

I see a tank locomotive, as Athy's picture now.

Bod

Tanks for letting me know.

16 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

The best that a computer can do is pseudo-random.

Sounds  as if the limit is enforced at the time of adding the picture not when loading it. Hence all those that were already in place when the limit was introduced remained OK

Yet the picture which I tried to reload was the same one which had been in my avatar for years.

"Pseudo-random" sounds like a good description of a computer' antics. If that's the best it can do, I shudder to think what the worst might be!

5 hours ago, john6767 said:

Not sure what you mean, if it was a browser cache issue, then if the real image had been put back then those seeing the alternate one would be because of the cache, but this I do not believe is the case.  Clearing the cache still gave you the alternate one, but surprise now the avatar has been removed you don’t see one.  It would be interesting to see what happened with the avatar put back though.  However,  Athy is always doing stuff like this, the other day I think he was claiming that he had never heard of SI units or something like that, now it’s that computers just do random stuff.  It does get a bit tedious.

I'm not familiar with the forum system files presumably it's a php/mysql system but suspect it has its own image cache quite common these days. Changing the image should change the forum cache but some members will have cached the old 'rude'?? Image on their browsers. In the fullness of time everyone will see Athy's image. IMO I think you would have to be pretty woke to take offence at what amounts to a seaside postcard image.

17 minutes ago, PeterScott said:

Interesting aside to this is that I found my adblocker is happy to block specified files, so I can have a blank space in place of avatars that otherwise would upset my karma. Sorry, @bizzard @Jen-in-Wellies

I can understand how seeing pictures of two such examples of human (and Morlock) physical perfection would potentially upset those less blessed. 😀