nauticus help

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, cass1 said:

A friend has a nauticus cruiser needing a window re fitting Can anyone point us to someone in cheshire or thereabouts who can do the job for him  thanks

Do you mean it needs a complete new window, including the frame, or does it just need reglazing?

Is the procedure not similar to older car windscreens? New glazing seal from Seals Plus Direct, fit it around the glass, chord in the groove, offer up to aperture and use string to pull lip over and the aperture, apply and sealer if using it, fit glazing insert if the seal uses one. I would think its pretty much a DIY job apart from the last step, but that is OK with care.

9 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Is the procedure not similar to older car windscreens? New glazing seal from Seals Plus Direct, fit it around the glass, chord in the groove, offer up to aperture and use string to pull lip over and the aperture, apply and sealer if using it, fit glazing insert if the seal uses one. I would think its pretty much a DIY job apart from the last step, but that is OK with care.

Yep, that's exactly how it's done.

And the reason I only did the worst one and left the new seals for the others on the Nauticus when I sold it is because it's a right beggar of a job!

I taught myself some new four letter words doing the easiest window to get to.  The awkward ones didn't get attempted ...

1 hour ago, cass1 said:

Thanks for the replies We will have a go ourselves again 

Don't try any old piece of string. Get some  decent nylon type stuff at least 3mm in diameter that won't cut into your hand t the rubber. I would probably go for 5 or 6mm. Run the cord around the groove so the ends cross and hang out at the lower end.

Get a helper on the outside pushing the window inwards where you are pulling the cord, but not hard enough to smash the glass.

As an interesting aside and to be totally ignored by anyone attempting this, When fitting the wrap round windscreen on 1960s cars the chaps on the line use to use rubber mallets on the glass to get them in place but they were toughened glass and the OP may have laminated. Do not try this.