Norfolk Wherry

IanM

Featured Posts

29 minutes ago, Up-Side-Down said:

Thanks for sharing Ian. Just spent a virtual month in the Broads updating a guide and have loved the experience. Good that you've got the obligatory narrowboat in your final shot!

There aren't many but you do see the occasional one. That Sea Otter moors at Stalham ISTR.

1 hour ago, IanM said:

Last Sunday we chartered the Norfolk Wherry, Albion from the Norfolk Wherry Trust.

Just thought I'd share a few pictures

Great images thanks.

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

There aren't many but you do see the occasional one. That Sea Otter moors at Stalham ISTR.

One moored at Beccles 2 weeks ago and an ex Weedon hire boat lives at Loddon. There use to be another Otter at Stalham but that's now up the Llangollen.

59 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

I always find it odd that Albion sails with a black sail in her current passenger boat guise.

Passenger Wherries sailed with a white sail with the cargo/trading wherries sailing with a black sail. 

But she is still an open hold trading wherry, not a wherry yacht with cabins etc.

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

I always find it odd that Albion sails with a black sail in her current passenger boat guise.

Passenger Wherries sailed with a white sail with the cargo/trading wherries sailing with a black sail. 

I heard that it didn't bother the owners.

"No wherries" they commented.