Floating Homes

Rob-M

Featured Posts

That is just... the most... the best... the incrediblist...

Never seen anything like that. Very, very best of luck to them. Amazingly talented young couple, came across as lovely people, have even been onto their website to work out when I can book and who I would like to go with...

Well done to those two. Absolutely brilliant

19 hours ago, Rob-M said:

I thought it was actually a good watch.  Hopefully they will make a success of their venture. Very talented pianist.

Apparently the boat is now up for sale at Harefield Marina. That dream sadly didn't last long.

4 minutes ago, monkeyhanger said:

Apparently the boat is now up for sale at Harefield Marina. That dream sadly didn't last long.

They are still taking bookings for recital cruises through their website.

18 hours ago, Rob-M said:

They are still taking bookings for recital cruises through their website.

And that lead me to look into the "charity" Music on the Water. Seems the TV program forget to mention the "charity" bit. Charity in parentheses deliberately. Without going to the Charity Commission website to see the "charity's" purpose, I suspect it may have something to do with taxation, nasty suspicious person as I can be at times.

Edited by Tony Brooks

I had a look at the Charity Commission's website and found this:

Charitable objects

THE OBJECT OF THE CIO IS: TO ADVANCE EDUCATION IN THE ARTS FOR THE PUBLIC BENEFIT IN PARTICULAR BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY BY PROVIDING AND ASSISTING IN THE PROVISION OF REGULAR CLASSICAL MUSIC CONCERTS, TALKS AND MASTERCLASSES ON AND AROUND ENGLAND’S CANAL NETWORK USING A CANAL BOAT AS THE VENUE.

https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-search/-/charity-details/5146744

I could be wrong, but this does seem to me to be reminiscent of a former U-boat museum