Replacement starter battery for Bukh DV36

Featured Posts

I'm after recommendations for a replacement engine starter battery size for my Bukh DV36. Unfortunately it will have to be one I can purchase from a store as we don't have an address or family nearby to take deliveries. We are just outside of Nantwich on the Middlewich branch of the Shroppie. Basically I just want a large heavy duty battery but with all these stop/go type offerings on the Halfords website I'm not sure what amps, cranking power etc. Charging will be taken care of by the single 80 amp alternator, complemented by solar and a 12v 100amp Centaur when using the genny or shore power. Physical size is not a problem as I shall be constructing a new battery-box.

A 643 or 644 size commercial vehicle starter battery will be fine for what you need.  The number alone will tell any decent battery supplier what you want- the difference between a 643 and a 644 is the terminal layout.

Typically they are 96 Ah, 750 cold cranking amps (CCA).

Googling '643 battery dimensions'  will get you the size should you want to start on the box while the carrier pigeon is still  on it's way with the battery😀.

N

PS  Tayna have several varieties of 643, between 70 squid and 109 squid.

Edited by BEngo
Add tayna info
  • Love 1