Safe mooring in Liverpool city centre?

jetzi

Featured Posts

We were there in July 2019 and I’m sure there wasn’t a tap for every two boats then. It might have changed since. 

If you enjoy good food and particularly fish & seafood, try The Italian Club on Bold Street. We had a fantastic meal there. 

2 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Yes there is a secret door that takes a water mate key.

It's not that secret it has "boaters shower" on big sign on the door...

Now finding the door is the hard bit 

It's past the public loos and round the corner no signage until you get to the door IIRC

Don't think I had a problem with the water but for some reason the nearest leccy points were all in use and I had to use an extension to reach the next available socket. 

My booked berth was also occupied but that's another story...

15 hours ago, frangar said:

And boy do they know how to charge!! 

We spent a winter in Salthouse back in 2015 and emptied out cassettes there every week. We asked first but we're never charged a penny.

It's not the best of elsans. After mooring on the fuel pontoon you carry the cassette up 10 feet to the quayside, lift the drain cover and empty down the hole. No washout point but plenty of water in the dock. There was a tap but never sure if it was for drinking water or not as unmarked.

Things may have changed now.

2 minutes ago, pearley said:

We spent a winter in Salthouse back in 2015 and emptied out cassettes there every week. We asked first but we're never charged a penny.

It's not the best of elsans. After mooring on the fuel pontoon you carry the cassette up 10 feet to the quayside, lift the drain cover and empty down the hole. No washout point but plenty of water in the dock. There was a tap but never sure if it was for drinking water or not as unmarked.

Things may have changed now.

It seems things have changed…in 2015 I was only charged £10 for a pump out at the marina. It’s now £30 according to the skippers guide. 

22 hours ago, Alway Swilby said:

The trip down Stanley Locks and through the docks to Salthouse Dock is really spectacular, one of our best days cruising. Book the Liverpool link and you get a mooring in Salthouse Dock allocated to you. You can stay seven days max.

Not only are you allocated a mooring but you have to use it as nowhere else is permitted. (Except when there is a problem with Salthouse, as happened to us on our first visit the day that the DUKW sank and spilt fuel) There are other moorings but 'private' ie not for casual visitors.

I wouldn't recommend mooring in Eldonian Village basin. It's just a massive blanket of weed from Stanley locks to the end. Also I any boat longer than about 50ft would be able to wind. 

We were in Salthouse Dock for a week last month and I can confirm there isn't a water tap on every post. It's every other post, but there'll be plenty of other boaters around to join hoses with. 

We went in via the Mersey through Brunswick Lock. When I booked the locking with Liverpool Marina they seemed surprised I didn't take up their offer of a berth for £60 a night !!!

I had great time there and would love to stay longer, but the weekend was spoilt by a 60 ft plus wide beam having two different  karaoke parties over the weekend. No warning given , and you are not allowed to move to another mooring.

Day two, different party

Edited by Timx
Decided not to put photos up till crt reply

13 minutes ago, Timx said:

I had great time there and would love to stay longer, but the weekend was spoilt by a 60 ft plus wide beam having two different  karaoke parties over the weekend. No warning given , and you are not allowed to move to another mooring.

Day two, different party

Howdy 🤠 Doody, I do a fair Glen Campbell and a crackin Hank Williams

catch you next time..

36 minutes ago, ColinColon said:

Howdy 🤠 Doody, I do a fair Glen Campbell and a crackin Hank Williams

catch you next time..

Are you a male prostitute.? I think your on the wrong forum.

although from your syntax , you must be 70 living in Wales for too long., baaaaking. Innit

Edited by Timx
Sherlock Holmes

7 hours ago, Timx said:

Day two, different party

I don’t know why but it always seems to be widebeam owners that are inconsiderate arseholes….I’d have been having strong words! 

12 hours ago, Timx said:

Day two, different party

There is nothing to stop you moving to a free mooring but of course you don't know if another boat is coming in. When we found our mooring occupied I went to the crt office in Albert Dock and got it sorted. 

It can be noisy it is city centre and a tourist place.

tbh I found the police cars more of a problem. As hq is across the road!

Edited by jonathanA
Double post removed