New windows

Detling

Featured Posts

I have been persuaded to book the boat in for re painting this autumn which involves the windows coming out. As they are not in the first flush of youth and are single glazed I would like to replace them with double glazed ones. I have nice wooden liners on the inside I wish to keep. It would seem sensible to get the new windows from the company that made the original in 2007 if possible because they should be the same shape, but I don't know who made them. Has anyone else had new windows keeping the old liners?  Can anyone tell me who probably made my current windows. 

P_20210705_142155.jpg

P_20210705_141917.jpg

• Greenie 1

Following with interest as we are in exactly the same position, with the same windows (though not the same boat!). Who built your boat? M

Edited by MrsM
Phat fingers

Thanks for replies. I too thought Caldwells but no marks in the glass beyond the safety glass etch.  My friend fitted double glazed units 5 years ago so far no problems but they don't travel as far as we do and they were channel glaze. 

The boat was fitted out in Bollington last one before they went bust, unfortunately that means we have no way of finding out from them.