Stay Kind and Slow Down

Heartland

Featured Posts

One of the latest messages by CRT is their new towpath markings where speeding cyclists are encouraged to slow down. The minority will always ignore such signs and asking them to stay kind may be considered laughable by them. Instead of wasting funds on signage policing the code by CRT staff should be more a priority. 

• Greenie 2

It's just a way of avoiding being sued for responsibility if there's a serious accident. Sadly, these days  covering your backside against ridiculous and expensive court cases is necessary. It's the same reason for banning mooring adjacent to towpath renovation - if you trip up, it's your fault as you weren't supposed to be there.

It may be a waste of money, but it's a smaller waste than lawyers, and it's not CRTs fault it's become necessary.

• Greenie 2

It's just a way of avoiding being sued for responsibility if there's a serious accident. Sadly, these days  covering your backside against ridiculous and expensive court cases is necessary. It's the same reason for banning mooring adjacent to towpath renovation - if you trip up, it's your fault as you weren't supposed to be there.

It may be a waste of money, but it's a smaller waste than lawyers, and it's not CRTs fault it's become necessary.

That is a useful point to make. The claim and compensation brigade has become part of our society today. I suppose there has always been an element of those looking for profit from situations, but the modern version of blame and claim is one that is of concern.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Heartland said:

One of the latest messages by CRT is their new towpath markings where speeding cyclists are encouraged to slow down. The minority will always ignore such signs and asking them to stay kind may be considered laughable by them. Instead of wasting funds on signage policing the code by CRT staff should be more a priority. 

I noticed the new Towpath cyclists signs on the Wigan flight this week .

The signs are readable going up the flight (at a leisurely 5 mph ) but coming back down where the Strava trials are held they are upside down.

26 minutes ago, Heartland said:

That is a useful point to make. The claim and compensation brigade has become part of our society today. I suppose there has always been an element of those looking for profit from situations, but the modern version of blame and claim is one that is of concern.

Plastic cones over mooring rings next ?

• Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, Pie Eater said:

I noticed the new Towpath cyclists signs on the Wigan flight this week .

The signs are readable going up the flight (at a leisurely 5 mph ) but coming back down where the Strava trials are held they are upside down.

You just can't read them on the downhill side as they are in infrared reflective paint. Once the cyclist is up to speed chasing the Strava record, the relativistic blue shift of the light will make the "SLOW DOWN!" visible.

Jen

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Jon57 said:

Plastic cones over mooring rings next ?

Hasn't there been a case already ?

2 hours ago, Jim Riley said:

I was hoping to be able to reply with "Stay Kind and use Springs" when I saw the title.?

You were thinking Facebook as well then.