Key Diesels

Hanorient

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Hanorient said:

Yes I would love to hear how it goes. Were they professional with the transaction? 

It's not the transaction that might be the problem. It's exactly what the "overhaul" consisted off and how professionally twas done. E.g. were the piston rings gapped. Were the main bearings and big ends backed, butted and nip checked and so on. I personally have no evidence they would not be, but without adequate paperwork and workshop records, how will you know what has been done.

40 minutes ago, Hanorient said:

Oh I see. That sounds worrying. Thank you for the heads up.

I would say exactly the same for any company selling supposedly "overhauled" equipment, unless I was familiar with their working practices. There are any number of ways of saving money doing overhauls, ranging from the infamous spray can overhaul where an engine is perhaps cleaned and spray-painted through using as many of the original parts as you can even if they are worn to a degree, not measuring all the parts to ensure they are serviceable, to assuming any new parts like rings and bearings have been made to spec. so you do not check them.

That is a general warning and in no way can be taken to specifically apply to the company you ask about.